Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SIZE matters…

TimT ยท 2018-06-20 11:21

Going thru some photos I took over the years.. this one will eliminate any doubt as to the size of a 575A3... Biggest production dozer ever built

Replies10
  1. #1Hobbytime2018-06-20 17:33

    wow, how much fuel consumption per hour on a dozer of that size? I have a d-58 komatsu but that monster makes mine look like a tonka toy..

  2. #2Legdoc2018-06-20 19:44

    Wow makes Killdozer look like a toy. I would not like the cost of servicing those filters! I guess if you can handle a machine that size you can afford maintenance. Kind of the old saying "if you can afford a personal jet you can afford propellant and maintenance". Not always the case.

  3. #3Ronsii2018-06-20 21:01

    That is either really big or you're really short.. You're missing a bolt in that segment.. busted off ?

  4. #4RZucker2018-06-20 21:16

    I really don't think I want to do the undercarriage on that monster.

  5. #5td25c2018-06-20 21:17

    Keep that 575 on solid ground Tim .

  6. #6DPete2018-06-21 10:07

    Or pay for it ! Good pic Tim

  7. #7CM19952018-06-21 21:51

    No doubt Dpete! I'm looking at a 953C UC at around $18-20K, no telling what new shoes on that beast would cost.

  8. #8scholzee2018-06-25 12:32

    Looks like final drive may be missing some bolts also ?

  9. #9d9gdon2018-06-25 20:20

    If you blow up the picture, it looks like those 3 are locating dowel pins in between the 9 bolt pattern to align that hub and not missing bolts.

  10. #10Ronsii2018-06-25 20:37

    Yeah, the final is supposed to be like that.