Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SK 120LC Kobelco Swing issue

ButlerCon · 2023-03-10 10:26

Just had swing motor redone because of leaks, now it doesn't swing. Any ideas where I should start looking? I'm kinda new at hydraulic issues like this. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies25
  1. #1uffex2023-03-10 10:41

    Good day Plug the main line with a gauge and measure what is going on. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2ButlerCon2023-03-10 13:15

    Does the swing have its own system? Every other function works, even at the same time. The house free spins as well

  3. #3uffex2023-03-10 13:31

    Good day From your post I suspect that the motor and brake has been assembled wrong, I will see if I can dig out some information for you. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4uffex2023-03-10 13:47

    Good day Butler I have checked our library, we are short of documentation for the SK120 if you have the Hydraulic schematic or any manuals with the swing drive to post I will try to pinpoint the trouble. If you can post a photo of the motor label, that will also help. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5ButlerCon2023-03-10 15:14

    Uffex, That would be greatly appreciated. I've attached the number of the swing drive. We had it sent out to get redone. Thank you Butler

  6. #6uffex2023-03-11 14:26

    Good day Butler Shibaura are not easy to find motor rebuild documents, what I interpret from your post if the machine is free to swing when the engine is dead and key is in the off position, I can say for certain the motor has not been assembled correctly. The brake is electronically applied via a solenoid, as such would prevent free swing. You do not report any additional faults, which would mean the main hydraulics are good. If the only part that has been disturbed is that of the motor, I would suggest removing the unit to take to a test shop and get it checked out. You could plug the main lines and operate the swing if the hose lines kick, you have pressure in the lines. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7ButlerCon2023-03-14 08:12

    Good Morning Uffex Thank you for your insite, that was what we were unfortunately expecting. Will update once we have pump out and tested. Best, Butler

  8. #8Vetech632023-03-14 08:20

    Does anything during the swing attempt sound like its trying to work? I'm with uffex............I'm betting the motor reseal isn't quite right........or hoses were not put back in the right position.

  9. #9ButlerCon2023-03-14 08:25

    I can see the lines slightly jumping, so we were thinking along the same idea. I didnt actually take it apart and the guy who did swears the lines are right, but without a schematic, i cant verify that they are right.

  10. #10Vetech632023-03-14 15:21

    How many hoses are attached to the swing motor? Should be 4 i think.....2 for the swing drive, 1 for case drain, and another forthe brake. A pic of what you have would help.

  11. #11ButlerCon2023-03-14 16:55
  12. #12ButlerCon2023-03-14 16:56

    These are the pictures i have of it

  13. #13Vetech632023-03-15 07:39

    From what I can see, it has a counter-balance valve and a shift spool. Right now, I'm betting the motor is the problem, something is not correct in the build. Did a reputable hydraulic shop reseal this motor?

  14. #14ButlerCon2023-03-15 08:09

    It was sent to D&W, then I guess they sent it out. As to who they sent it to, I'm not sure.

  15. #15LACHAU2023-03-15 10:23

    You must specify the device's serial number so that we know what model it is. SK120 mark III or mark IV, the swing brake is opened by a hydraulic mechanism valve. SK120 mark V, swing brake is opened by an electrical solenoid valve

  16. #16ButlerCon2023-03-15 10:28

    The machine is a SK 120LC serial # YPU0580

  17. #17LACHAU2023-03-15 10:46
  18. #18LACHAU2023-03-15 11:05

    Hope to be helpful.

  19. #19ButlerCon2023-03-15 11:11

    Appreciate the info, will be getting on this and will let you know. Thank you again

  20. #20uffex2023-03-15 12:47

    What kept you?

  21. #21LACHAU2023-03-17 01:27

    Sorry...I do not understand what you mean yet!!!!

  22. #22uffex2023-03-17 05:04

    Sorry Lachau just good humour, take care Uffex

  23. #23Vetech632023-03-17 07:39

    He means we were all awaiting your wisdom on this problem and your late!!!!! LOL

  24. #24ButlerCon2023-04-20 10:39

    Want to thank everyone that gave my ideas on where to look for the swing issue. As it stands, my guy changed the brake block and put the springs back in wrong....took us this long to figure it out. Thanks again BC

  25. #25Mahadi2026-01-15 12:28

    Hello boss I need control valve pdf can you help me