Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sk200lc kobelco Hydralics safety switch

1fastmofo ยท 2018-12-29 18:08

I'm having some trouble machine runs perfect but today I'm operating and I loose all hydraulic function I assume a stick has raised the safety lever I look down and one of the two wires that go to the solenoid itself is smoking, I turn the machine off replace the wire as to it had been replaced before I assume it got frayed and when I replaced it I have a dead short. can someone tell me where the wires hook into the solenoid pack? I'm at a loss here

Replies36
  1. #11fastmofo2018-12-30 09:48

    Yqu3465 is the serial number

  2. #2willie592018-12-30 11:17

    Was it the Blue/Wht wire that melted or the Green wire?

  3. #31fastmofo2018-12-30 12:13

    They have both been spliced I have a red and a black coming off of the sensor in the cab for the safety lever the black one melted. I replaced it behind the seat and the moment I hook it up it starts arking, can it be bypassed?

  4. #41fastmofo2018-12-30 12:15

    I'm trying to buy the machine from the owner, the harness has been bypassed killing all the functions of the machine also have a solenoid under the floor for the travel motors where the wires have been ripped off... if I can buy the machine I plan to replace the harness.

  5. #51fastmofo2018-12-30 12:33

    But in the meantime I need to understand how the safety level disengages the entire hydraulics I need to be able to move the machine

  6. #6willie592018-12-30 17:33

    The safety lever switch sends power to the mode change switch and to the pilot system solenoid. When you power up the pilot system solenoid it delivers pilot pressure oil to all of the machine controls. When you take power away from the pilot system solenoid it kills all machine controls and levers. Only way to by-pass safety lever switch is to power up the pilot system solenoid somehow. I don't recommend doing that as it's dangerous being around a live machine like that.

  7. #71fastmofo2018-12-30 17:46

    Is the pilot System under the floor board near the foot controls? If so does Anyone have the color codes for those wires. The entire harness under the floor is just hanging

  8. #8willie592018-12-30 17:51

    If it's an SK200-IV, which I suspect by the s/n, the solenoid manifold should be in the compartment behind the operator cab. The manifold block has three solenoid valves, pilot system valve, 2 speed drive valve, and travel independant valve. The pilot system valve should have a green wire (102B) and a black ground wire connected to it.

  9. #91fastmofo2018-12-30 18:01

    Would it Be inside the cab behind that plate there are no wires going to this junction block behind the cab

  10. #10willie592018-12-30 18:03

    Picture isn't very clear but that looks like the manifold for the pilot hoses that come from the joysticks. Is it a SK200-IV machine?

  11. #11willie592018-12-30 18:06

    I found a diagram for the SK200LC-IV, looks like the solenoid manifold is located under the cab floor plate. Likely the only access is removal of a cover plate from underneath the cab.

  12. #121fastmofo2018-12-30 18:09

    This has to be it

  13. #131fastmofo2018-12-30 18:10

    Ok yes I have one solenoid under my floor Which has the wires ripped off

  14. #141fastmofo2018-12-30 18:10

    The wires off of the silenoid are black but my harness is colored wires

  15. #151fastmofo2018-12-30 18:11

    I'm not sure what series the machine is other than a sk200lc

  16. #161fastmofo2018-12-30 18:13

    Red w yellow Red w black Black Blue w red Those are the colors I have hanging out of the floorboard

  17. #17willie592018-12-30 18:14

    If we don't know what dash series it is there's no way I can confirm I'm giving you correct information.

  18. #181fastmofo2018-12-30 18:18

    How can I tell

  19. #191fastmofo2018-12-30 18:20

    The owner says he believes it is a 2000 model

  20. #20willie592018-12-30 18:23

    According to the s/n at the Kobelco online parts pages it's a dash IV, but I can't confirm that for certain. See if this link works, this is the manifold that has the pilot circuit solenoid valve (A1), it should be the solenoid closest to where the hoses connect to the solenoid manifold. It should be mounted underneath the cab floor plate, not inside the cab. https://partstore.cnhexcavators.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr51466ar681732

  21. #21willie592018-12-30 18:37

    Online parts catalog shows Kobelco only used YQU prefix on Mark III and Mark IV machines but the Mark III s/n range for YQU ended withYQU2000, below your s/n. Mark V machines they started using the prefix YQ0 or YQT. Dash 6 were YQ0 or YQ10.

  22. #221fastmofo2018-12-30 19:17

    This is my plate

  23. #23willie592018-12-30 19:24

    You can call a Kobelco dealer and from the s/n they can confirm if it's a Mark IV. Did that parts page link work?

  24. #241fastmofo2018-12-30 19:58

    The link works. You have a schematic for the IV

  25. #251fastmofo2018-12-30 20:00

    That diagram resembles this assembly which is at the rear of the machine right behind the hydraulic tank. Near the primary pump

  26. #26willie592018-12-30 20:32

    That's the type of manifold you're looking for, but that's not it. That solenoid manifold is for A1 independent travel, A2 independent travel, and A3 heavy lift boost. It's a manifold just like that one and it should be either under the cab floor plate or somewhere in the area of the cab, but I've never seen one mounted inside the cab.

  27. #271fastmofo2018-12-30 20:34

    Could you upload the wiring for the sk200lc IV

  28. #281fastmofo2018-12-30 20:36

    Ok I'll go search more there is another plate under the seat area below the machine. it could be in there. I would like to wire the safety switch back in until I can source a new harness. So if I understand correctly when the safety lever is pushed down the contact switch sends power to the pilot silenoid to activate the hydraulics

  29. #291fastmofo2018-12-30 20:37

    All of the "extra functions on this machine have been bypassed due to this hack job of a harness

  30. #30willie592018-12-30 20:48

    Yes, the pilot circuit solenoid, Lever Lock solenoid in Kobelco language, delivers pilot pressure to all of the control valves and function solenoids. Pilot pressure is what makes all the functions work. Without pilot pressure, no functions work.

  31. #31willie592018-12-30 20:48
  32. #32willie592018-12-30 21:00

    PDF pages 69 and 70.

  33. #331fastmofo2018-12-31 11:04

    After I locate the pilot silenoid does it matter which side of it receives power to engage?

  34. #34willie592018-12-31 13:15

    I don't know if the coils are polarity sensitive, but you can simply look at all the other coils, including the manifold at the hyd reservoir and see which post has a colored wire and which has the black ground wire, they should all be the same, colored wire on one side and black wire on opposite side. If you do manually power up the lever lock solenoid I still don't know how the machine is going to react as the lever lock circuit also powers up the mode selector switch. I don't know how the machine will work without that function powered up. It may default to a certain mode, such as FC (Fine Control), but again I don't know.

  35. #351fastmofo2018-12-31 16:32

    Willie you are the man!! I dropped that pan and the solenoid was in there I depressed the top of the valve per the link you sent me and the machine powered up and functioned as normal switch is wired back. I just got off the phone with the dealer it's a IV. 1997 model. I'm fairly confident I'm going to be able to buy the machine. Is there a similar machine that had ac that could be added to this machine?

  36. #36willie592018-12-31 16:56

    Easiest way, and probably cheapest, would be to install an aftermarket package unit like Red Dot or some brand like that.