Any idea what a set or chains/rails for a 2007 SK210LC Would cost for the parts only. Thanks
Check with HeavyQuip, they are in the SE US and they handle ITR aftermarket parts. I have the same machine and whiley I don't need a UC right now it would be interesting to know what they quote. What I DO need is a battery relay for my 210 due to my own ineptness; I shorted mine out Sunday afternoon. Mr. Kobelco on this site graciously helped me diagnose the problem and the shop foreman at my Kobelco dealer agreed with that Monday morning and said he didn't have one, none of their other stores in the state had one, but there was one in Memphis and they would be out around noon Tuesday with the part and to repair a couple of other things on the machine. Fine, I said. Tuesday afternoon, I called to check on them. No one knew anything. Sent my wife by the dealer; she sort of determined the same thing. I called again. Parts guy finally determined that the shop foreman told someone to order it but they forgot. Long story short, part will not arrive until Friday so I basically lost a week of work. This is not the first time I've had trouble getting Kobelco parts from this dealer network in this state. If it were a Cat, I would have had it with a 45 minute drive and if out if stock it would have been in the local Dropbox at daylight the next morning. You can bet that my next excavator will be a Cat, or possibly a Deere. But there is NO chance that it will be a Kobelco or a Case. That's too bad, because otherwise the Kobelco is a nice machine.
I meant to say it was grandkobelco who helped me, not Mr. Kobelco. Sorry about that.
My Kobelco dealer fiasco gets worse by the day. The battery relay came in today and they sent a service truck and mechanic out to install it, get the machine running, then make the hydraulic repairs. By the time I could get out to my shop he was already there, had installed the new relay temporarily and started the machine and shut it off when he saw the hydraulic leaks. He then tightened the battery cables near the relay and shorted out the brand new relay when his wrench slipped. So I'm back to the exact same spot I was in this time last Sunday, with another relay ordered from who-knows-where-or-when, and a machine that's down until sometime Monday at the earliest. It will be interesting to see how they handle the billing for this wasted service call. I asked the mechanic to have the shop foreman call me, but by the end of the day no one gad called.
Bad Case dealer too??
Same dealer carries them both in this area. They have stores in several states here. This is my first machine that wasn't a Cat or JD, so I've had no experience with this dealer until I bought the Kobelco over a year ago at an auction. My friends said Kobelco was a good machine, and so far I have no complaints except these dealer issues. The Case machines that another contractor here uses seem to be nice machines too, although my only real experience with them is when we are helping him haul and I have to load myself with his Case excavator.
Sounds just like my Kobelco dealer they carry Case, Kobelco and Tak amongst other lesser known brands.
Yeah, a bad dealer can be everything to machine ownership. As for your relay, I wonder if you could just connect the cables for now until you get the new relay? You may have to disconnect them to shut the machine off.
. You have positively, absolutely, got to be kidding me! This would be funny if it wasn't so ridicules. Well, I wish I could offer more assistance but by the time I send you one from are parts room you'll be running.----- hopefully! I've been in a service truck for a kobelco dealer for almost 20 years so of course sometimes stuff happens but we WILL make it up to the customer. Contact me if I can help. wes
The Kobelco dealer did the right thing and sent the service truck back out as soon as FedEx delivered the part the next morning. Service foreman said there would be no charge for the part or the labor this trip. I loaded it up, hauled it to the job, and went to work. Just in time for artic blast to drop the temps into the teens. Cab has a heater so I'm semi-warm, apparently Kobelco heater cores stop up pretty quickly and the air flow of the whole duct system is weak. But it's a digging Jessie, I'll have to say that. Smooth and powerful. Now if I only had a 270 or 350 I could really move the dirt!
Just make sure you keep the air filters clean on the Air Conditioner they also work for the heater and if plugged up it will not blow much heat and will also plug the core up.
I've not heard of heater problems in the 210 but the 160's caused me some trouble. Next time your in the shop disconnect the heater hoses from the block and use shop air pressure or garden hose to backflush the core. As for the 350's we have two in our yard fresh off the show room floor and i'm told a 500 size coming in the spring! We'll be happy to put you in one! wes
Are you looking for aftermarket or dealer parts?
210 Didn't but that machine. I just got a sk250 though. Should get it on Monday!
Well I may be now. Just got the 250 nod the two bottom rollers closest to the spellers are worn out. You have them or k ow where I can get them