Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sk220 swing power

Steamboat ยท 2012-12-07 17:00

I have an sk 220 lc mark 4 serial #llu2224 that seams like I am losing power in my swing motor. If the machine is at a marginal incline with a full bucket of dirt it won't turn up hill ???

Replies1
  1. #1kevin37b2012-12-28 13:10

    How long have you been around this machine , just asking.We had a 200 and a270 at work. Neither one would swing worth a damn if you were doing anything else , like moving the stick. If you didn't touch anything else and just swung , they were okay. Not real handy but thats how they were. The mechanic told me it was in the valving of the machines. I will say , those machines were bought new and had over 8000 hrs whentraded last year.Never a single downtime breakdown of any kind.'