Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SK60 Kobelco

Greg in KY ยท 2012-04-23 09:55

Started it up yesterday after it has been sitting about 3 months. It fired right up but would not go above a low idle. Inside the cab I could hear a clicking sound intermittently from behind the cab. Some times 1 click and sometimes 5-6 times. The throttle control motor appeared to be trying to move but could not. It sorta sounded like a stripped gear. I pushed and pulled on the linkage(expecting to pull back a stub of a hand) and it did not seem to make any difference. Finally it took off and operated perfectly. Do I have something going bad? Do I need to do some type of preventive maintenance? Thanks, Greg

Replies6
  1. #1Greg in KY2012-04-24 08:13

    Surely someone has seen this problem. A wild guess would be appreciated. Thanks, Greg

  2. #2Treetop2012-04-24 19:19

    Wish I could help but I don't know anything about kobelco. Are you close to Lexington, I am about 20 miles west of lexington

  3. #3MR. KOBELCO2012-04-24 19:31

    hi greg, if you try to keep to my " kobelco hydraulic excavator " post i will be e-mail when a new post is submitted. the general post i created saves me time then searching new topics. i can then respond quicker. by the way, when the power is on and the stepper motor does not move - i must stress to all - do not force the rotation. you will damage the stepper mtr servo chip inside the computer thus needing a new computer. a general maintenance that can help is squirting wd-40 under the rubber boot of each ball joint on either end of the rod linkage. cheers adam

  4. #4Greg in KY2012-04-26 08:14

    Treetop - I am just outside Hustonville- about 40 miles south of Lexington. You must be near Winchester. I have some friends there. I have 2 grown daughters that live in Lexington. Mr. Kobelco - I appreciate the response. I will remember to post to " kobelco hydraulic excavator " the next time I need some advice for this machine. Good to hear that it is not likely to be an issue. Will do on the WD-40. It certainly is a great benefit having your knowledge available. I am sure I am not the only one that is grateful for your help. You are a good man. Thanks, Greg

  5. #5Treetop2012-04-26 12:27

    Greg I live in northern mercer co. I am working in Danville now. Surprised we haven't met somewhere

  6. #6Greg in KY2012-04-26 13:36

    Treetop- I own Minuteman Press in Danville. A couple of our employees are from Mercer.