My apologies for posting a new thread before introducing myself, but I'm in a bit of a mess here and I would appreciate any help I can get. I own a 1999 SK60 Kobelco. I drove it up a rather steep hill yesterday to fill a load of stones into my trailer. When I tried to track it back to the drain I was digging, it wouldn't move. Everything else on the machine works perfectly, but when I try to move the levers for the tracks, they won't budge. It's almost like the dead man's lever is activated, but it isn't because the rest of the machine works perfectly. I tried lifting both sides of the digger to see if the tracks would move when free in the air. Nothing. I checked the hydraulic oil level. It's fine. I checked for any obstructions in the track itself; around the idlers, etcetera. Nothing. At first I feared that the final drive had given up the ghost, but isn't there drives on both tracks? Wouldn't it be too coincidental for both to go at the same time? I called a friend of mine who owns many diggers and he told me that there could be an isolation switch to kill power to the tracks, but I can't find it. Sorry for rambling, but has anyone any idea what might be the problem here? Thank you.
Hi Dan, Is your machine the helicopter cab model, it could be a solenoid to control the isolation of the tracks! Check your fuses as it may be as simple as a fuse! If it is a solenoid, they should be under the cab, not sure if the sk60 use one for the tracks and another for the rest of the machine but i think from memory there is 2 on a block under the cab! Hope this helps Aiden
Aiden, you're a lifesaver! I checked all of my fuses and found one of them blown. The second I put a new one in, the tracks started moving. Phew. I was envisioning having to spend a serious amount of money on two new final drives. Thank you!
good show! you learn something new each day - i never knew that! adam