Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

sk752 lacks power.

PJ The Kid ยท 2017-02-01 14:41

Wondering how the governer is set up on a new SK752 ditch witch. When traveling thru the lot and the hydraulics are used, it seems to bog really bad. Had DW look at it and they said nothin was wrong, but it even bogged way down climbing a hill with no load. Just curious if there is any adjustment to the governer.

Replies9
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-02-01 19:51

    I cant find any info on the injection/fuel system inorder to tell you how to adjust it or IF you can adjust it.. Can you post a picture of the fuel system..??

  2. #2highpockets22017-02-02 07:46

    Ours is the same,same response from dealer tech.I note that this machine is virtually the same as the old SK755 MINUS the turbo to get under 25HP and eliminate the DPF the 850 has. We plan to buy manifold/turbo and exh and install on ours to return machine to proper power levels as needed(even worse due to our altitude) will update once done but I am sure that is all it will take to correct this problem.

  3. #3PJ The Kid2017-02-02 08:53

    I will get a picture when I get it back i the shop, they are using it right now. Just seems strange that out old sk650 will work circles around this thing, my crew fight over who has to use the new one.

  4. #4PJ The Kid2017-02-02 10:22

    The power plant is a 1105 E4B tier 4, IDI

  5. #5highpockets22017-02-02 23:18

    That is correct,and the 1105T version makes over 30HP which should be just about right,especially considering the loss of power in the NA version at altitude. I will have to fabricate the exhaust as I am not interested in paying $$ for the muffler assy from DW which is different on the turbo engine.The NA version has provision for oil drain and the manifold for turbo is avail as well as aftermarket turbo itself for less than $1K . So glad the EPA helped neuter a perfectly good machine.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2017-02-03 04:57

    Seeing that's the same engine they put in zero turn mowers and has about 27hp LOL what do you want it to do?? There is a fuel setting screw in front of the engine, fan belt side, it has a cap on it.. its about inline w/base of the injection pump.. You can also adjust the speed by backing out the hi speed stop screw on the throttle.. use a hand held tach and give it 100 rpms. I hope this helps a little.

  7. #7PJ The Kid2017-02-03 08:21

    So basically, about the most I can add is 2 hp without spending quite a bit extra on it due to EPA... Awesome!

  8. #8thepumpguysc2017-02-03 08:51

    LOL.. yeah, that's about it.. If you go too far on the fuel screw, all your going to get is get black smoke & possibly melt the pistons.. Too far on the speed screw and you start loosing parts thru that big hole you put in the block. The trick is, finding the happy spot.

  9. #9PJ The Kid2017-02-03 14:17

    Since the machine is brand new, i believe I'll just listen to the operators complain for now and next time get something in a higher HP range.