So my bu 94 that I just acquired had been sitting for five to six years. I went to rig it up Monday and we had to replace a few little things due to Frozen parts from sitting but now we go to telescope up and we can't get the guy line dogs or clutches to engage or disengage. Any ideas how?
Haulback , its been a long time since I was involved with raising a Skagit tower . (1970's) If I remember correctly there is a hydraulic motor turning the drive for the guylines , there is a drag brake to stop the guylines from free wheeling . To engage the individual guyline drums there are clutch's controlled by air , as are the guyline drum dogs , are you getting enough air pressure to operate the guyline functions ?
You are correct on all of that. My issue is that I am not getting any action at the clutch heads or dog cans. I am headed out with a gallon of mystery oil & two quarts of 90wt to see if I can free it up.