Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skat Trak 1700c hydraulic pump issues

Sal from LA ยท 2013-11-13 22:22

I have a Skat Trak 1700C machine. I bought it used and operated it for about 3 years when the hydraulic pump that controls the drive function gave out. I had the local diesel mechanic come out, he opened up the pumps and saw that the teeth on the couplet and shaft had worn out. It has been about a year now since the machine has been sitting there. The problem that I am having is that I can't find a Hydraulic Pump. Can anyone recommend me a place where I can contact for a used hydraulic pump or a replacement. My budget is $1500.00 Thanks Sal

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2013-11-14 08:49

    How about a picture of the pump, shaft and any tag or numbers on the pump? Skat trak means nothing to me, but the pump is likely made by a more well known manufacturer. Another possibility is getting a new coupler and cobbling it back together.

  2. #2mikebramel2013-11-14 19:49

    If the pump was in otherwise good operating condition it can be easily fixed for $1500

  3. #3Sal from LA2013-11-18 22:07

    Sorry for the late response, I had to reduce the file size so I could upload these pictures of the parts that I would need. The numbers with the circles around them are the parts that are damaged and need to be replaced. Do you recommend any shops that I can get in contact with to get some estimates?

  4. #4willie592013-11-18 22:38

    I see you have the entire pump circled as "quote". Does that mean the pump needs replacement, or just a curious quote for the complete unit? Can't tell by the grainy pics, but that looks like a Sauer Danfoss pump, pretty typical stuff that any hyd motor/pump shop should be able to get parts for. Another option is Loader Parts Source. > http://www.loaderpartssource.com/vo...t-trak-hydraulic-tandem-drive-pump-1700c.html

  5. #5Sal from LA2013-11-18 22:51

    1 is for the complete unit (right hand control) the numbers that are circled below are the individual parts that are broken and need to be replaced.