I tried searching post can’t find anything that relates to my problem. We are very new to using Skid Steer. 2007 247b. Yesterday I was running it when all of a sudden I felt the skid steer losing power than shut off. I checked all fluids hydraulics, engine oil, fuel, and even checked the fuel filter. It will start then all of a sudden shut down. Right now it’s in my driveway blocking my access. Please help!
It sounds like a possible fuel supply problem ... possibly partial plugging somewhere in the fuel system. Perhaps also post the serial number of your CAT so you might get some suggestions specifically targeted to your machine. Here are a few threads on CAT fuel problems that may be helpful: HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks I’ll check it out. S\N 0247BVMTL02552
Your 247B has the same fuel pump as my 242B (see attachment) And part of that fuel pump contains a small filter basket that filters out the big pieces before the main fuel filter. I had a similar problem to you and it turned out that the filter basket in the mechanical fuel pump was plugged with debris. There is lots of places in a fuel system to develop plugging, but be sure to consider the filter basket as a possible problem spot in your troubleshooting. See my post of this problem which also includes my troubleshooting process: HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks problem solved. The Water fuel separator filter was bad. Bought an original one from CAT this morning took awhile but finally got it running. Thanks the attached filter was the old fuel filter. Bad
Those Baldwin filters really want replacing with something a bit better quality. Doesn't have to be OEM Cat, something like Donaldson would be fine.
For the sake of science, you might want to cut open that old filter to see what was plugging it. You also might want to consider putting an in-line filter between the fuel tank and the fuel pump. See: HeavyEquipmentForums Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem
That was the filter it came with when I bought it last month. Today I bought the original cat filter. But many thanks to you all that helped.
I’ll Open it later when I get home. Curious now.
You’ll need to squeeze the filter media in a vice before inspecting it. Take a look on YouTube for “how to” videos on cutting filters.
So I opened up the filter and there wasn’t any gunk or anything in there that looked like the others on here. Strange