Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer Attachements

KyleM ยท 2013-07-19 03:39

Hey Guys, Wondering if anyone could make a recommendation for a box blade attachment or something similar. I am trying to get into corners of a parking lot, currently have a grader blade attachment but the wheels in front keep me a few meters away from the corner. I am also planning on automating the blade with GPS or the like. Thanks!

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies11
  1. #1NCPIPELINE2013-07-19 10:15

    http://www.swaleking.com/skid_steer_attachment.php

  2. #2Red Hill Dirt2013-07-19 10:49

    http://www.tobinblade.embarqspace.com/ I have one and it's great. Not an awesome tool for any one job, but having one would serve you well. It's a great tool, I recommend one for any small scale dirt guy.

  3. #3robin yates uk2013-07-19 11:04

    the Tobin recommended by Red Hill Dirt looks tailor made for you Kyle

  4. #4Red Hill Dirt2013-07-19 11:47

    If you're really really bored, here's a couple of my Videos with the Tobin blade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxJMu4t9Gs http://youtu.be/XrGR4Lj5-y8 http://youtu.be/FvdYZ8KfYc8

  5. #5KyleM2013-07-21 18:54

    Thanks for the suggestions guys. The Tobin blade looks like it'd be a fantastic tool for shaping to finished grade but after careful assessment I've decided that the bobcat dozer blade is going to be the best for what I'm doing. I need to mount a mast and sensors on the attachment so that I can automate the blade similar to a dozer. Thanks again guys. Cheers

  6. #6Lindsey972013-07-21 23:10

    consider a land plane. finsihes out beautiful and can gather sticks and junk out of your dirt too.

  7. #7tthomas2013-07-31 10:53

    I just came across this thread. If a dozer blade is what you need, check out www.SpartanEquipment.com for their attachments. I recently purchased a dozer blade myself from them and they were great to work with, the price is reasonable, and im really pleased with the attachment.

  8. #8Red Hill Dirt2013-07-31 13:41

    Spartan/Paladin/Bradco, all the same stuff, same prices, same factory. Not saying it's bad, just saying that those three brands are all the same, literally. Speaking of tools, I bought a secondhand Ashland gorundhog 2500 scraper for mine. Here's video: http://youtu.be/ecx_EDh5Gms

  9. #9NCPIPELINE2013-07-31 14:08

    MrGumbo - I like the videos. Keep up the good work brother. Wish I had the space for a pistol range :usa

  10. #10lumberjack2013-07-31 14:26

    Where did you find the Ground Hog?

  11. #11Red Hill Dirt2013-07-31 14:32

    I used google and typed in "ashland groundhog for sale" Literally, found one in Topeka KS, it was the closest and cheapest. I've been hunting for one off and on for three years. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...Manu=ASHLAND&HDRSO=LOCATION&HDROR=asc&Thumbs= http://www.fastline.com/v100/listings.aspx?Manufacturer=Ashland&items=30&model=GROUND HOG 2500 http://www.fastline.com/v100/listings.aspx?Manufacturer=Ashland&items=30&model=GH2500 http://www.fastline.com/v100/listings.aspx?Manufacturer=Ashland&items=30&model=2500 The one at Heritage Tractor in Topeka in the last link isn't for sale anymore....because it's hooked on my machine. Google search is an amazing thing if you know how to phrase your question.