Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer Bucket thumb / grapple – Case 1845c

ababine · 2014-08-01 14:52

I have a Case 1845c skid steer and I added a thumb to the bucket. It is called "the thumb" and it's made by green machine. I bought 8' hydraulic lines and made all of the connections. My problem is the length of the lines seem to be correct, but I can't keep them out of the way of the bucket, quick tach, tires, etc. I have already pinched them once. The bungee cord to the cage is not working either. Does anyone have a solution or have a skid with the same setup? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1CRAFT2014-08-01 23:00

    Pictures would Help ! …. So WE Can HELP YOU !!! ……. not to good at guessing with out seeing what's going wrong …..

  2. #2Belooky2014-08-02 02:20

    Never used that exact machine or set up but on all my mulching heads I mount one of these to the head to hold the hoses out of the way. Works great. It can be cut down to the height you need and they usually aren't expensive at all. Many big truck stops have them on the shelf. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281397071075?lpid=82