Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer + CTL Pictures!

RCTech9 · 2013-12-11 20:38

Feel free to post pictures of your skid steers or ctls. Bobcat 864

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies355
  1. #1ValleyFirewood2013-12-11 21:37

    Hope this works.

  2. #2RCTech92013-12-12 19:00

    Nice S250 Valley!

  3. #3Lil' Puss2013-12-13 00:10
  4. #4RCTech92013-12-13 01:36

    Nice skid steer lil puss.

  5. #5RCTech92014-03-05 20:02

    Bump!

  6. #6tmc_312014-03-06 00:14
  7. #7durallymax2014-03-06 01:22
  8. #8tmc_312014-03-06 10:31

    Poor man's gapple

  9. #9dirtmonkey2014-03-06 12:17

    Not bad !You're not alone. I'm about to do the same thing with one of mine. I've got some extra fork tines and a cylinder waiting to be rednecked! Should be fine for brush.

  10. #10tmc_312014-03-09 12:29

    dirtmonkey, it works very well for moving logs and long pieces of trash. I have used it for demoing some small buildings where it worked very well. If you are picking brush out of a large pile where the brush has been compacted some it works well. For picking up loose brush out of a field to take to the pile I used a regular grapple rake with much more success. It was (and is) a very worthwhile project. Tim

  11. #11Grit2014-03-09 13:31

    Tim, do you have high flow hydro on that machine? Mine is standard or low flow. I hope I don't need high flow to run a root grapple. Sorry for the highjack. Please continue. Enjoy the pics!

  12. #12durallymax2014-03-09 14:24

    Doesn't look like he does but I could be missing it. Hi Flow would have an additional set of lines. You don't need hi flow for running a simple ram only for running big motors like cold planers, fecons, some brush cutters, some snow blowers, etc

  13. #13tmc_312014-03-09 14:25

    Hey Garrett, I do not have high flow. You will not need hi flow for most attachments certainly not a root grapple. Things like mulchers, planers, stump grinders and some rotary cutters (mowers) (things with hydraulic motors) usually require hi flow. Even those attachments are usually available in low flow versions too. Tim

  14. #14Grit2014-03-09 15:25

    Thanks guys. Pics look awesome. When I get my machine ready to work, I'll contribute some of my own.

  15. #15Grit2014-03-09 15:36

    Sorry, I don't have an action pic as of yet. I still need to change fluids and filters and familiarize myself a little more with the machine. But this is my L190 as it sits in the barn with its 17 inch tires I put on thanks to our good friend Tim who helped me to find them. Humm, don't know why it didn't transfer the pic.

  16. #16cartzblown94z2014-03-09 16:08

    Some pics of mine below. Not even close to stuck in the last pic either. 3 ft of snow

  17. #17cartzblown94z2014-03-09 16:11
  18. #18cartzblown94z2014-03-09 16:18
  19. #19JNB2014-03-09 16:53

    Here's my new-to-me 2012 TR320 on it's first job. The previous owner chained through the handles and scratched up the paint there and on the cylinders. I chain through the boom brace, so I'll be repainting those areas.

  20. #20durallymax2014-03-09 18:07

    You have to insert the image in the advanced editor. Click the insert image, then click from URL and past the image URL.

  21. #21Grit2014-03-09 18:12

    AH! Thank you for the instruction, Durally!

  22. #22KSSS2014-03-09 19:14

    Nice L190, looks like you have the tread going the wrong way on the tires.

  23. #23Grit2014-03-09 19:46

    Really? Would that be from the way they put them on or the way I put them on? I didn't even think about that. Or notice it.

  24. #24nedly052014-03-09 20:00

    Heres mine. '05 247B, 1100 hrs. Handy little bugger, really strong too.

  25. #25KSSS2014-03-09 20:11

    Chevrons should be going forward for max traction going forward. I have seen some guys put the tread going the wrong way on one axle, I guess to have equal traction in both directions.

  26. #26Grit2014-03-09 20:25

    They all look the same or are running in the same direction. I had to really look at the lugs carefully to notice a difference. The way they are mounted now is if you are facing the front of the machine, you can see 3 slightly raised ridges along the outside of the lugs. The backside of the lugs (still facing the front of the machine) is smooth faced with no taper. There is also a slight taper where the ridges are in the lug. I hope you can visualize what I am describing. Nice Cat, nedly. I wished I had the pockets for a tracked machine.

  27. #27CM19952014-03-09 20:48

    Here's my T250 backfilling a storm line -

  28. #28JNB2014-03-09 20:55

    Looks like you need to switch the left side to right side and visa-versa. The "v" look of the traed should be towards the front of the machine.

  29. #29JNB2014-03-09 20:58

    Hand/foot controls or joystick? I'm always interested in what guys run.

  30. #30Grit2014-03-09 21:16

    What's the worst that could happen if I left them the way they are? I don't want to highjack this thread so quick answer the best. From anyone. Thanks.

  31. #31CM19952014-03-09 21:37

    Hand/foot - I'm old school, been running that pattern for 28 years. I dread the day I have to learn to run a CTL with joysticks.. Don't worry about a thread hijack, I do it all the time - and it's a good question. To answer your question, it will accelerate tire wear. The outer lugs will come into contact with the ground first with a sharper angle at the edge of the tire. This can rip or chip the outside of the lug.

  32. #32JNB2014-03-09 21:51

    What CM said...and they won't self clean in anything sticky.

  33. #33JNB2014-03-09 21:54

    Understandable. I cut my teeth on skiploaders and older track loaders. I never got the whole using my feet to pickup stuff and walking on my hands deal, so joysticks were a natural for me.

  34. #34Grit2014-03-09 22:26

    CM, thank you for understanding. Looks like I'll have to switch them out then. Don't want any more wear than need be. Boy I don't look forward to wrestling with those big boys, either, but better them than those loaded tires. Wow! I'll have to be sure and eat my wheaties that day. Anyway, I appreciate the help, as always, and why didn't you guys tell me this before I put them on? You guys know I'm a rookie.

  35. #35durallymax2014-03-09 23:04

    Thats why its the ISO pattern, makes more sense for people coming from other equipment. I used to use every limb to operate an SSL. The transisiton was tough, everyone around here hated it for awhile. We switched every machine at the same time so they couldn't just park the new one and not use it. A year later and there isn't as much complaining. The ones who complain a little bit still say they like how they don't feel worn out at the end of a day. When on powered axles yes it accellerates wear. On non powered it can extend it though. Traction and cleanout will not be as good. The advantage is that in theory you wont get yourself stuck as bad and can back out, but with an SSL thats what the buckets for.

  36. #36Grit2014-03-09 23:17

    So is mine powered or non powered?

  37. #37RCTech92014-03-09 23:48

    Glad to see people posting pictures.

  38. #38durallymax2014-03-09 23:48

    They are powered, you have motors turning them. Non powered is a trailer tire or steering tire that does not drive.

  39. #39durallymax2014-03-09 23:50
  40. #40Grit2014-03-09 23:56

    What is that on your Cat, durallymax?

  41. #41CRAFT2014-03-10 00:34

    durally !!! ….. Hey Man you need a Bath ! …… LOL …. What were you side loading or filling ? ….

  42. #42Mark132014-03-10 01:29

    I'm guessing he was bedding a free stall barn with either sand or shavings. http://youtu.be/lRJoV_MWy5A

  43. #43durallymax2014-03-10 02:11

    Its a bedding shooter. Use it to bed freestalls. We primarily use dried paper pulp with some lime. It's actually blue stuff when delivered. They use sawdust everywhere else and if we run out of pulp they will use sawdust as well. Now that I think of it we just got a lot of rice hulls too, that stuff can be a complete mess. Drivers deliver it with respirators because of how irritating it is. Nice to have the sealed cab for that, its where my opinion of how poor our L220 sealed and how good the 262 seals was formed. It looks dirty but it was actually just cleaned not too long ago. It only takes a couple days to look like that again. The liquid manure flys up onto the sides and then the dust sticks to it. IIRC this picture was just after a damp day too so that makes it look even worse. This is generally why I say ag machines may not get used to their potential capacity/power wise but they sure get used hard if not harder than in construction in some ways. Corrosive manure, and dust everywhere in confined areas. I'm so happy to see that the D series are setup for a pre-cleaner. This was right after I got home with it when it was new a little over a year ago. This is what they call a compost barn. The concept is to actually compost the bedding under the cows. You have to use a very fine bedding, we add sawdust every other week. In order for it to compost you have to keep the bacteria alive and working so we stir it every day. I took an old 7 shank chisel plow and cut it down to a small 8'x3 frame and moved all of the shanks onto those two bars, then converted it to a 3pt mount. We have it mounted on an old 856 IH and it actually works it enough even though its pretty loose stuff. It is digging over 18" deep though. We used a big rototiller on the back of it before but it only went 12" deep and we wouldn't get the full composting effect. This picture is when we were cleaning it out. Once it gets to 6' deep or so we go in with 4 spreaders usually and the loader and clean it all out. Takes a solid day, in between loads the loader operator stacks what he can outside to get it done in time, can't have the cows standing in the lane waiting for too long. The stuff comes out of there as nice moist compost. Not many spreaders will do a good job of spreading it. Its plenty heavy, we have a 4.5yd bucket on the loader and you know the buckets full. Any of our cows with foot problems and such go out there, they love it. Its really soft and really warm. You can actually see our bedding storage in this photo. Its a 60x80 quonset shed that we moved a few years ago to build our shop. Old but it works great for its purpose. Holds quite a few semi loads. More dust, grinding hay bales. No shortage of dust around here it seems. I've got lots of pictures, not many with SSL's though. I guess theres not a lot of exciting stuff they do around here really compared to everything else. No the hay is not supposed to be making dust like that. This was in 2012 when it was a drought. Shouldn't see any dust when its at the right moisture.

  44. #44durallymax2014-03-10 02:22

    I guess our old 5575 is in this picture of our silage pile after we finished that year, I have lots of chopping pictures but wont derail the thread with them unless you want. Traded the 5575 for a plasma cutter though. Very rough shape and stripped the drive plate out. It was ready for the scrap pile, but a buddy of mine had a nice Hypertherm Powermax but it was 480v 3phase which he didn't have and we do. I'm happy. That little yanmar would rattle you numb in 20 minutes. This is the other side waiting for the hundreds probably thousands of tires we get to throw on it. Photo op with the pack tractors. Filling/Packing

  45. #45JNB2014-03-10 08:40

    RC - What cutter do you have on the front and do you like it?

  46. #46RCTech92014-03-10 09:04

    I believe it was simply called the treesaw. It worked alright but we did have to touch it with the welder a couple of times. Are you thinking of trying this for that 150 acres burned up oak that i was reading about on TBN? I go by a different username there as well. Here is a link to their website. http://www.theperfecttreesaw.com/

  47. #47Grit2014-03-10 10:54

    durallymax, that's interesting! You have a big operation going on out there. So you are a farmer/rancher? Your slightly rolling hills remind me of our area here in East Texas. We live kind of in a small valley with a creek that runs through the middle of our property. I'd like to see more pics if you have them.

  48. #48jsinpa2014-03-10 14:34

    Great pics everyone. Durally, I agree with Grit..That is one sweet operation and place you have. So many toys to have fun with while working. So here is mine....

  49. #49jsinpa2014-03-10 14:39

    KSSS, thought you might like this one...I was pulling into a Lowe's a few weeks ago before one of several big snow storms we got and saw this....I had to take a pic of it because I had never seen tires this size let alone this big on a skid...They were "Lift Rigger II"s...

  50. #50JNB2014-03-10 20:13

    Ahhh shoot...ya found me out! Yes, still searching for a solution for the oaks. I'm leaning towards a Marshall Saw. Thanks for the link.

  51. #51RCTech92014-03-10 21:06

    You can run but you cant hide! I have noticed at least two other people from TBN post in this thread.

  52. #52JNB2014-03-10 21:18

    Reminds me of the Beach Boys song...Get around, get around, I get around.

  53. #53RCTech92014-03-10 21:44

    lol

  54. #54jsinpa2014-03-10 21:48

    JNB, how do you like the Case? I noticed you had said about the previous owner strapping the machine down at the handles....is it not a good idea to do that? I picked up a demo/rental Case wheeled loader and that was how the sales guy showed me where to chain it down that way. You said about the boom brace I believe...where is that at on the machine? Any recommendations on grapple buckets for land clearing, etc? I was on quick attach's website and had no idea there was so many different ones. I kind of narrowed it down to looking at their quick claw, eagle talon, or ez grab. I'm looking for the most versatile one for several uses/applications....

  55. #55JNB2014-03-10 22:43

    I only have one job on the CASE so far, so I really can't pass judgement yet. It's really comfortable though. As far as the tiedowns, the owners manual advises doing it through the handles...too messy for me. The boom brace is the tube running from arm to arm near the quick attach. Much cleaner chain routing. I'm going to weld a small bar on each side at the end of the tube to mimic the setup that Kubota uses so I can use a ratchet boomer on each side in the front. Quick Attach has some nice looking stuff, but I don't have any experience with them. Pricing in their catalog is better than online I think.

  56. #56durallymax2014-03-11 15:36

    They don't have a frame tie down at the front? Our NH and Cat's all do and thats how I have always chained. I know you are supposed to secure the boom to I guess, but never do. Im not from Texas or any of those southern areas so I have never understood what a Rancher or Farmer is to those people. Up here were all farmers. Guys with "Ranches" are people with a little tractor and a few animals or horses that hobby farm on the weekends and have the whole big diesel dually pickup, cowboy hat, cowbody boots, etc etc. LOL A couple scenic views cutting and merging. We cut with two triple 34' Pottinger V10 mowers. They will do about 25-40 acres per hour between 8-15mph cutting speed depending on the crop and how hard we condition it. We merge with a 34' Oxbo 334. The point of merging is to make bigger windrows for the chopper. We usually put about 80' into a windrow. In really heavy crops we will put a little less into it, try to keep the chopper around 4-6mph. The last picture is the pack tractors putting the finishing touch on a bunker, we don't usually pack side to side like that but for the final pack its safer as its less likely to roll off the side.

  57. #57durallymax2014-03-11 16:32

    The Autosteering/GPS we use when mowing hay. Also have a more advanced system for planting corn that controls when to shutoff each row and the population to plant each area at based on what we tell it to plant compared to previous years harvests and such. No use putting extra seed where it wont grow. Our Fendt also has autosteer in it, we use it for mapping where manure was hauled and such. Also just handy to use for any task really. Both of the mowers, the Kuhn was traded on another V10. Didn't care for the Kuhn. One of the pack tractors. Sometimes we will chop for other people who make bags. We don't but others do. This is one example of a bigger self propelled bagger, they make a 650hp model too.

  58. #58durallymax2014-03-11 16:45

    The new Fendt 930 we got last fall, replaced our DT275B Agco. Wanted one since they came over from Germany 12 years ago. Nicest tractor made. German quality too. its "different" though so a lot of American farmers don't like them. Already at 600hrs on it and its been very reliable. At 600hrs our DT275B had spent over 2 months in the shop. Fendt does all of the service for 3000hrs too, oil changes and everything they send a guy out or come pick it up and haul it in. Loaners provided if needed. Feed mixer for feeding cows. Belt trailer unloading some wet fiber (manure from digester). We haul most of our own feed by products and such.

  59. #59durallymax2014-03-11 17:19

    Ready for more. Setup for snaplage where we only chop the ears. Normal side loading, either stop and switch trucks or one will drive next to the other one and switch on the go. Opening up a field

  60. #60RCTech92014-03-11 18:49

    Nice pictures Durally. Do you guys raise wheat?

  61. #61Swannny2014-03-11 19:27

    I'm enjoying them, too. What state or province is it?

  62. #62Grit2014-03-11 20:18

    Wow, those are cool pics, durallymax, thanks for sharing. I knew it was big, I just didn't know how big, LOL. You have more farm equipment than I thought you did. Your skids are probably the smallest piece of heavy equipment you guys have, lol. Hey, I hear ya about the ranchers. We have the same type of weekend warriors over here as well, but we do have ranchers that have hundreds to thousands of acres to manage, pretty much all over the state. We probably had a lot more farming operations of good size at one time, but most of the small time operations have been knocked out of the game by the bigger boys. Maybe the government has a lot to do with that, I don't know. I'm not a farmer or rancher. I just live on a small 16 acres out here in the woods. My main purpose for that skid is to clear some of my property so I can see the other end of it, lol. I just can't imagine having to do what you do every day. You got my respect! And thanks again for the pics!

  63. #63durallymax2014-03-12 00:54

    Nope no wheat. We do raise other cereal crops for forage, triticale, rye and some oats. Wisconsin. Cutting hay Cutting sorghum Manure tanker Steering, they also have suspension to. Steering runs off hitch and sense angle then sends hydraulics to steer wheels. We could have air brakes on it as the Fendt will run them but when we got it we still had the Agco so we had to go hydraulic. With the exhaust brake on the Fendt we don't use them much anyways. Injecting manure

  64. #64durallymax2014-03-12 01:01

    We haul our own milk as well. Parlor Cows Main farm

  65. #65durallymax2014-03-12 01:06

    Play in the snow when we have to as well, have to get the employees to the farm and feed to all of the other farms. Had to take the interstate home this night, barely made it through the backroads after pulling out 23 cars and decided I didn't want to risk getting stuck at midnight with a tractor. Were not too far off the interstate and I was 15 miles from the farm giving the guy who does our excavating a ride to his big plowing job. Figured it wasn't something I'd get to do often. After that night.

  66. #66durallymax2014-03-12 01:09

    Friends of ours that run a custom chopping business that we help out once and awhile. The joy of digging for metal. Chopper automatically stops when it senses rocks or metal. We screw around once and awhile too.

  67. #67durallymax2014-03-12 01:13

    Always plent of oops over the years too Burnt chopper at our friends that we help haul for. Transferring manure on the road after a spindle broke on the green tanker. Dealer picked up tractor to work on it and road started getting covered in snow, slid back down the hill and rolled the trailer. Folded boom into some high power lines on accident. They were too low though for how high of voltage they were. New tires and it was fine. To steep of a sidehill on snow.

  68. #68durallymax2014-03-12 01:16

    And a couple videos. Messing around loading little trucks again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKfGdNRnOqI Driving a Fendt, everyone acts like they are spaceships for some reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3o-67M0jSs

  69. #69StumpyWally2014-03-12 16:45

    The Fendt tractor controls look like the Star Ship Enterprise!! Just imagine if Fendt made a skid steer...!! Really enjoyed your pictures, durallymax, & your explanations. How many head of milk cows?? Any plans to add milking robots to your milking parlor?? I recently heard of some in my area on a 400-head operation.

  70. #70RCTech92014-03-12 18:50

    You need to give those cows some grass Durally.

  71. #71Raptor19642014-03-12 20:44

    Not working it yet but enjoying it..

  72. #72durallymax2014-03-12 21:20

    Well not to be a smartass but theres snow on the ground so???? They do go on pasture when dried up. If theres something you do not like about freestall style housing I'll gladly talk to you about it. 700. No robots. Remodeling parlor soon though. Robots have their ups and downs, most work the best on smaller to mid size farms.

  73. #73RCTech92014-03-12 22:25

    I suppose i should say baled grass my bad. Obviously you cant graze cows in the winter. How fast does that Masey go?

  74. #74mitch5042014-03-12 22:42

    baled grass? do you mean hay? or feeding them marijuana so they get the munchies and gain weight? Believe it or not, there is a university research project feeding stems and debris to hogs. The early results are promising.

  75. #75RCTech92014-03-12 22:52

    I guess i consider alfalfa hay and grass, is grass, but thats just me. Since this thread got turned into farm picture also, i have a couple.

  76. #76durallymax2014-03-12 23:00

    They do get baled hay, its part of their TMR. The ** and Fendt both do 34mph. ** uses Fendt's CVT and rear end. 30mph is optional in the US on the **. In Europe they will do 60kph, but the US will not allow it due to not having a mechanical connection for the steering. Fendt has a pump mounted in the front housing which is always pumping as long as the front wheels are turning so you never loose steering, but apparently thats not good enough in the US yet. I think Ohio may have allowed it though. I could care less about the **, don't like the at all thats our last one in the picture. We have the dual circuit air brakes on the Fendt as well so the front and rear brakes are seperate circuits and the MFWD is not engaged for front braking like on most other NA tractors. The Front wheels have their own brakes. There are a lot more safety features on Fendt's when it comes to road travel than many other tractors in the US other than JCB. The Dual circuit braking also comes with Fendt Stability control which changes the steering response and locks the IFS side to side compensation for better handling. The cab sits on a three point air ride setup.

  77. #77RCTech92014-03-12 23:22

    Was curious. Our CaseIH MX270 can go 26 down a hill if im pushing it. Do they get annoyed when you drive tractors on the interstate there?

  78. #78durallymax2014-03-12 23:37

    It's illegal, but it was during a two day blizzard that we got two feet of snow in. It was only 10 miles, and its a 6 lane interstate so I stayed on the shoulder. I was doing 35mph and traffic was doing 45mph so it wasn't a huge difference. it was after midnight too so there wasn't many cars, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I didn't want to be stranded though on a back road with nobody to help.

  79. #79RCTech92014-03-12 23:45

    Yeah being stranded on a backroad probably wouldnt be too pleasant.

  80. #80durallymax2014-03-13 00:57

    Heres a video that shows some of the 900 series features. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWy6PZ-Fadg Here is a video that shows some of the Variotronics features. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEYAnEzennA

  81. #81jsinpa2014-03-13 08:57

    durallymax, these are great pics!! I had no idea how technologically advanced farming had become these days..I mean a screen to show your mowing pattern?! wow...so where are you located at? How many acres to you have? My grandparents had 100 acres around here before downsizing to 8-11 with woods and what I like to call a big garden, lol..still have to use a tractor for it, but no where near the size of yours! I'm near Lancaster County, Pa (no amish mafia comments, ha)..I've always heard it is some of the richest and most fertile farming ground in the country..It's amazing to drive through it and actually see tobacco being grown around here..especially considering that is more of a down south thing..

  82. #82jsinpa2014-03-13 09:01

    Thanks JNB...do you have a grapple bucket? if so, what brand? Been doing some research on them and have come to find out there are more makers popping up than I realized...kind of like snow pushers, little guys out there starting companies and making them..

  83. #83durallymax2014-03-13 11:30

    Autosteering is pretty popular. When mowing hay with the triple mowers you're trying to drive 8-15mph and judge where the rear mower is going to end up in relation to where you steer the front mower. It adds some stress and usually guys will have huge overlaps and some skips. With Autosteering the overlap is set to 12" which is a lot for some tasks, but perfect for cutting hay. You used to be worn out at 10hrs or so but now a full 16hr day is no problem. Autosteering also lets you focus on watching more important things too, like how the machines running. Farming is pretty advanced if you want it to be, but it also reduces a lot of inputs. We do 90% of our tasks with just two tractors. We used more with less cows before but they were less advanced. The Fendt's are very adaptable to any situation which helps. Even have a nice service mode that lifts the whole thing off the ground with the front and rear 3pts. They also have an immobilizer standard. Every key is the same but they have unique transponders. If you loose them you have to send the ECM and Immobilizer to Germany to get reprogrammed. Someday if I get the chance I wouldn't mind ordering a Blue one. The offer 4 additional colors for a fee. We're in Wisconsin with 1100 acres for our farm. The haying equipment we split three ways with relatives. It runs across around 1,000 acres of alfalfa per cutting (4 per year) as well as 1000+ acres of corn silage and a few hundred acres of cereal crops chopped for forage. Our soil in this part of the state is some of the best in the state fertility wise but since the glacier did come through here we have no shortage of rocks.

  84. #84Mark132014-03-13 19:44

    Always enjoy seeing your pictures and farming operation. I'm still waiting to see a Fendt around the area here in N. IL. I did get to spend some time in a JCB Fastrac the other day spreading sludge. Airbrakes on a tractor were a new thing to me, good lord will that thing stop in a hurry if you're not used to it. What's the extra gauge in the Magnum, top right of the console?

  85. #85durallymax2014-03-14 00:28

    Wouldn't be surprised to see one creeping around N. Illinois. The Air brakes are nice and responsive. Just a boost gauge.

  86. #86jsinpa2014-03-14 16:32

    Yes I agree...Durallymax, your pics are great to see. I'm ready to take a vacation and come see your operation in person..It just looks amazing! I'll just wait till your not buried under feet of snow after this winter...We have have more coming this way on Monday..geesh Good to know that you are in the top fertile ground area in Wisconsin. That definitely makes life a little easier on you as far as growing. Although, I'm sure the rocks can tear up stuff. So this is going to sound like a dumb question, but no corn for the whole ethanol and biodiesel craze? I knew for a while that farmers were getting into that more because it was pretty profitable for them. I knew some were around here..

  87. #87durallymax2014-03-14 18:25

    Our snow is currently melted, just piles a snowbanks left. We actually did not get very much this year, it was too cold all winter and anytime it did snow it was 1-2" then all blew into drifts. We have front 6-8' down this year in some spots. Not a very normal winter. I'll take 24" blizzards one a winter anyday over this past winter. We only grow enough to feed our cows, any excess (none the past few years) is put into the grain bank which goes towards paying future feed bills at those companies. We do grow some sweet corn and peas so we always have a field to haul manure on in the summer. Its for our local canning company, only one really left of their scale, very small. We feed the waste products as well. I ran a stripper for them back in high school. Interesting job, slow but interesting.

  88. #88RCTech92014-04-17 23:25

    Bump! As much as i love pictures of farm machinery, lets keep that in other threads.

  89. #89JNB2014-04-18 08:09

    Well...here you go then.

  90. #90DeanM2014-04-18 12:00
  91. #913X82014-04-18 12:07

    Did this tree live?

  92. #92DeanM2014-04-18 21:45

    It did live but it's stunted and I'll probable take it out next year.

  93. #933X82014-04-18 22:08

    Thanks, I need to move some trees and just kind of wondering what size to tackle.

  94. #94workman342014-04-18 23:30
  95. #95murphy7772014-04-22 22:20
  96. #96lumberjack2014-04-22 23:40

    Here's my SVL90-2 that replaced my Mustang MTL325 (Takeuchi TL250). The excavator bucket is a 3'er for the KX057 below. The SVL90-2 sitting next the KX057-4.

  97. #97murphy7772014-04-23 07:06

    Orange is a nice color on you lumberjack.... love those kubota mini exes...so smooth and quiet

  98. #98lumberjack2014-04-24 00:26

    Boxer 523DX, impressive lifting strength, although this is all it could do! Need to get one in Kubota Orange!

  99. #99RCTech92014-05-09 19:16

    Nice CTL's lumberjack! Keep the photos coming everyone.

  100. #100JNB2014-05-09 19:54

    Yeah that 90's pretty nice. I'm renting one tomorrow to drag my CASE outta the creek bottom it's sitting in right now. If Carl were closer, I'd have him do it! My android phone is refusing to send pics to email addy's, so I have to send them to my wife's phone first.

  101. #101RCTech92014-05-09 21:29

    You broke the Case? When did that happen?

  102. #102JNB2014-05-10 00:35

    Thursday. The field service tech says it's one of the main hydraulic charge lines in the bellypan behind the pump. We'll see after I try an extraction tomorrow. It rained pretty good here yesterday so today it was still too wet. It's about a mile or more from solid ground. Here's a few photos from that job. Cutting and mowing for a 175 acre subdivision. The lots were benched and utilities placed over ten years ago. The water lines have been leaking since then. I had two tractors brush hogging were they could and me cutting with the TR were it was too wet, rough or thick for them to go. I cut about 35 acres in four days. Some of the areas had 5-6ft tall reeds. Dry on the top and muddy and wet on the bottom. Tough 2-3 pass cutting for each half-cutter width. Here's one from mowing around my pond. Lots of rock in this cut for a retaining wall.

  103. #103JNB2014-05-10 00:37

    Last pics for now.

  104. #104Desertwheeler2014-05-10 00:56

    Only good picture I have of it since I cleaned pictures from my phone. Upgraded from a 98 763 bobcat. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of it. Then I think about how comfortable it is to run the cat and more power lol.

  105. #105JNB2014-05-19 21:46

    Just a pic of the TV380 I'm using while my machine is in the shop.

  106. #106RCTech92014-05-19 23:13

    Nice looking machine! How does it compare to your TR320?

  107. #107JNB2014-05-20 07:58

    Except for the vertical lift, it's the same machine. The radio and speakers suck too...just like mine! This one does have the ez/eh software update for the joysticks. They're a lot smoother and more responsive. I'm having mine updated ($100) while it's in the shop.

  108. #108JNB2014-05-21 20:59

    Here's some more pics for you slackers that won't post your own. This homeowner is using UBuildit to help him with the build. He's been able to save quite a bit of money doing a lot of the work himself. He's comfortable working with a little concrete, so he'll be pouring his own culvert ends.

  109. #109ejb172014-05-26 19:05

    Doing a clean up job and a couple of stumps on the Holiday. Thanks to all those who served.

  110. #110murphy7772014-05-26 21:52

    Hey ejb17 How do you like those after market tracks? Does loegering make those or is it another company? They look like a nice set up...

  111. #111ejb172014-05-27 07:54

    They are the Loegering VTS setup 54 link. I like them because they make the machine much more stable and I am able to grind stumps without leaving damage. The other reason we went to them is to be able to change back to tires for the winter. I worked much of the day yesterday and really left no signs that I was there and we have had a fairly wet spring here in Western NY. Could not get away with that with tires. Now I am not saying they are better than a dedicated CTL but if you need to go back and forth from tires to tracks they work very well.

  112. #112murphy7772014-05-27 19:34

    Thanks EJB17 I like the idea about switching tires back and forth....If you don't mind my asking whats the ballpark cost on those ?

  113. #113ejb172014-05-27 21:08

    I got them off fleabay for 2600 and then spent about 800 in a few rollers and parts for another roller. The tracks are about bald but for me that works on stump grinding jobs to keep turf damage low. So when I spend for new tracks I will have just over 5k in them but should be good for a while without too much expense. Keep a look out for a used set to fit your machine. There is a fitment guide on Loegerings site in pdf that can give you the basic size you need. It took me a while to find a set that would work and I am pleased with them.

  114. #114ironjunkie2014-05-27 22:10

    All right JNB, I'll play too.

  115. #115ironjunkie2014-05-27 22:35

    And here's a crazy one that might need explaining to a Texan (no disrespect) I built this "jib pole" for lifting high & it also makes a dandy roof snow rake.

  116. #116JNB2014-05-28 00:23

    No disrespect taken...what's a roof? Great idea BTW. I like that pic of your Gehl with the tracks on. It just plain looks mean.

  117. #117hmearth2014-05-28 05:28

    That's a great looking jib you made ironjunkie

  118. #118murphy7772014-05-28 06:26

    thanks! that seems like good price, and a solid investment...filling and raking tire tracks out of a lawn is a pain, and its a profit killer....

  119. #119pafarmer2014-05-28 18:49

    One of my 289C2 machines.....this one I had home at the farm over the Memorial Day weekend for some MX track prep after a really hard winter and a wet Spring.....great machine !

  120. #120Swannny2014-05-28 20:29

    Ironjunkie - good job on the jib...very handy attachment to have. I like the I-beam sawhorses too.

  121. #121ironjunkie2014-05-29 20:17

    Not sure where you are in MD but there's a fantastic "junk yard" in Taneytown (Carroll Co.). That is where I found that cylinder. The guy cleans out, salvages, scraps out of Grove Crane in PA (now Manitou I think) &JLG, he has some really nice stuff there not to mention containers (shipping) full of cylinders!

  122. #122Swannny2014-05-30 20:33

    Never have been there, but I am about thirty minutes away. Good to know because someone wanted my jib more than I had a use for it, so I sold it. Only used it several times a year, but it sure was the cat's meow when you needed it. Any issues with the 7800?

  123. #123Swannny2014-05-30 20:51

    Here's a few stumping pics of a 30" soft maple:

  124. #124hmearth2014-06-08 05:18
  125. #125JNB2014-06-08 10:23

    hmearth - Is that some type of land plane you have there? Anymore photos of it?

  126. #126hmearth2014-06-08 17:15

    Home made smudger bar I looked at buying them but I havnt found anyone that knows how to make one yet I'll get a pic tomorrow most of equipment is behind army security.

  127. #127hmearth2014-06-08 17:25

    6in1bucket with heavy duty top to get under slabs of concrete

  128. #128JNB2014-06-08 21:02

    I picked up my CASE at the dealer the other day. Here's what a $5400 repair looks like. Two new SLEEVED hydraulic lines and a rebuilt drivemotor installed. The dealer did install an EZ/EH joystick update for free.

  129. #129pafarmer2014-06-08 21:21

    Bummer JNB ! That's a pretty good chuck of change....can I ask how many hours of the drive motor at time of failure ?

  130. #130JNB2014-06-08 21:35

    750 on this one. The duo-seal between the drivemotor and final drive went out. It only holds a quart of gear oil which would leak out in a few hours, working or sitting. I had pumped it full of JD cornhead grease, which was working just fine, but then the hydraulic supply hose that supplies the motor and runs through what would be the chaincase on a skidsteer blew out. No way to get to it without removing the drivemotor, so I had them replace it while they had it off. The other drivemotor went out on the original owner at around 500 hrs. for the same thing, but was covered under warranty. I'm kinda pissed that CASE Customer Service wouldn't help out one penny with the repair. Especially since it seems that this machine got two "Friday" motors. These are made by Bonfiglioli. Same ones as CAT and Deere use. The CASE dealer was also aware that the supply lines rubbing through was a problem. I'm not too thrilled with CASE support at this point.

  131. #131hmearth2014-06-08 22:11

    Jnb I have simaliar problem developing with my 329D the dealer has been getting excessively bad sos reports since new with 1900hrs on clock now they pulled it apart last week to see want was going on they think the duo seal might be crook (both sides the same) but I still have drive tran warranty so hoping that will pick the tab. They didn't fix it only a look and see So I'm sort of feeling your pain

  132. #132pafarmer2014-06-08 22:13

    Thanks for the reply JNB...Sorry to hear CASE couldn't do the right thing and stand behind a poor Engr. design and help a customer out, your not alone on this particular repair that's why I asked the question. CASE customer service really sucks in my opinion. I operated a friends 380 for a few days and thought it was a great machine but would never buy one based on his experience...totally BS IMHO....

  133. #133JNB2014-06-08 22:26

    I love the machine, but I'll be damned if I buy anything from CASE in the future. I've been using CNH (Case/New Holland) machines exclusively for over ten years and Ford tractors before that. The dealers have always been great, but in my opinion, the company sucks.

  134. #134hmearth2014-06-09 03:03

    This is a sos report on my final drives the silicon content is through the roof duo seal is there a better option

  135. #135pafarmer2014-06-09 05:57

    Your report is indicative of the seal failure as in the above. No better option that I am aware of. Make sure everything is well documented on any repair made that involves the drives as they get very expensive quick, 10k plus in most cases when replacing both . I would be demanding full drive motor replacements from Deere at this time based on your report... Good luck.

  136. #136clintm2014-06-09 07:35

    don't be nice RAISE HELL till you are satisfied there just trying to get you out of warranty. the squeaky wheel get's the grease . been there was nice got screwed $25,000 axle assbly. common failure then was asked if they fixed it would I buy a new machine from them (this was 4 years later)

  137. #137hmearth2014-06-09 07:44

    I emailed the man in charge of warranty them today I'll see where it takes me

  138. #138JNB2014-06-09 08:18

    Good luck with it HM. My theory on it is that Bonfiglioli's "Lifetime Seals" swell during use, but may allow contaminants to enter the final when they shrink during cooling. Since the location of the seal is behind the sprocket, it's pretty tough to keep that area clean. I'll be changing out my finals fluids regularly, that's for sure. What I find to be unbelievable is that the seals are readily available in a fairly inexpensive rebuild kit for purchase from the same dealerships that can't replace them. My dealer's lead mechanic was sure he could replace the seal to keep the repair on mine less expensive, but CASE refuses to make the tooling kit to set up the finals available to its own dealers. I got this info straight from the horses mouth from two dealerships.

  139. #139JNB2014-06-09 20:16

    Want to see some downright ugly photos of my CASE.

  140. #140hmearth2014-06-10 06:04

    Here a pick of my smudger or land plane fantastic attachment.

  141. #141ironjunkie2014-06-11 20:34

    Here's one I made. It can go on the tractor also. The skid shoes adjust to a 1" cut to close to 4" above for spreading.

  142. #142JNB2014-06-11 23:25

    Very nice work! Gotta love the horseshoe too.

  143. #143pafarmer2014-06-12 05:18

    Great work iIron junke....

  144. #144hmearth2014-06-12 05:25

    Nice ironjunky I like your work where did you get the idea from

  145. #145hmearth2014-06-12 05:29

    Are there 2, 7foot cutting edges?

  146. #146ironjunkie2014-06-13 19:51

    I had a "roadrunner blade" http://www.roadrunnerblade.com in a previous business, and this is my version. They angled the blades to pull the material to the right and had the blade adjustment on the blade with fixed "shoes". For any one looking for a "store bought" model, I can highly recommend the RR. We had an 8' model on a big Gehl with OTT's and never hurt it. hmearth, it is just at 96" to cover the tires with the tracks on my machine. I cut down (2) 9' grader blades. I also should have put more (diagonal) angle on the blades. If I remember right, they are at about 15* off of square. It does not move the material (right to left) as much as I had hoped for building a "crown" in the road.

  147. #147ironjunkie2014-06-13 20:15

    It's kinda my "thing" on the junk I make :drinkup

  148. #148hmearth2014-06-13 22:34

    [ATT ACH]120325[/ATTACH] New set of camoplast HXD tracks trying them to see if there any good

  149. #149JNB2014-06-13 23:33

    Let us know how you like the new tracks Hock. I like the looks of them.

  150. #150JNB2014-06-14 11:35

    Did you do a build thread on your landplane anywhere?

  151. #151hmearth2014-06-14 17:04

    Yeh I will itll be a couple weeks before I get them on I think l just redesinged the rear iders that was failing the track so iv got to look at it prety hard before I do it. Ill get I pic of new idlers I had made up

  152. #152pafarmer2014-06-15 05:21

    Back on point.....Brand New 2014 289D hi Flow, fully loaded , I added to my fleet this week.....I am blessed with more work than I have equipment to handle. Been awhile since I had this problem. I have the full debris kit , triple flange rollers on all four corners, guard kit, air pre cleaner and metal tracks all on order for it. Complete Forestry package......Nice machine....Not as powerful as our 299XHP units but this one is basically going to be put into service on our smaller clearing jobs running a Fecon BH85 forestry head.. 17 machines burning diesel every day now...work booked out into this time next year. All the Glory to the man upstairs, things are finally looking up for us....Love the looks of a CAT CTL !!

  153. #153Desertwheeler2014-06-15 05:47

    Definitely need to post pics when you get all the goodies on!

  154. #154hmearth2014-06-15 06:44

    Nice have you got pic's of your other machines

  155. #155pafarmer2014-06-15 08:46

    I have one of my 289C2 a few pages back that I took home for a long weekend, and I think our new 303.5 mini Ex. somewhere else on here when It was delivered, also a CAT 315. If I do take a picture of my equipment its upon delivered. I only started doing that a few years back. The rest of my equipment is in the field working and making money. Tis the season ! Happy Father's Day to all !

  156. #156JNB2014-06-15 08:59

    Congrats...on the new machine AND all the work!

  157. #157pafarmer2014-06-15 09:04

    Thanks JB.....Having a bunch of equipment sitting is not a good feeling !

  158. #158JNB2014-06-15 09:45

    It's good to hear you give credit where credit is due as well.

  159. #159pafarmer2014-06-15 11:41

    Indeed ! I like to give praise and hear praise given. Always have, always will my friend. Have a great Day...

  160. #160kshansen2014-06-15 12:25

    Here are a couple pictures of what I deal with with Skidsteers where I work. This is a JCB 185 Robot. First picture is under floor when it came in for a problem. Think this was the time foot throttle was not working. Wonder why? Next picture is same area after I cleaned it out to work on it and low and behold foot throttle worked just fine! Gets real fun when I have to disconnect one of those hoses:Banghead And I always get the deer in the headlights look when I try to tell them they need to either not run in the slop up to the axles or if that can't be avoided wash it off when finished.

  161. #161murphy7772014-06-15 12:31

    did someone use the belly pan of that skid steer as a concrete mixing tub??? Or was it being used as super secret grease/oil/dust storage compartment???? hahaa! what a great fix!

  162. #162kshansen2014-06-15 12:34

    I have similar pictures at work I took of our 1845C I had to work on just a week ago. One of the hoses to the left drive motor failed. Removed floor boards and then spent two hours with pry-bars, air chisel and water hose to find the drive motor to get the hose off. As I had that much time invested I did replace all three hoses to that motor.

  163. #163kshansen2014-06-15 12:41

    Lucky it was not concrete but not all that easy to clean out either! Our skid-steers are used to clean up spillage in a stone quarry. 44 years ago when I started here as a ground man clean up was done with hand shovels. I often tell people if I had been given a Case 1845 to do the job I would have stayed on my own time to wash it off each night! Still think they should make the new guys work one of those wooden handle shovels for a year before they get to run a skid-steer. Might appreciate them a little more.

  164. #164hmearth2014-06-15 15:53

    The common problem with a lot of skid steers is the floor is welded with small areas to pressure wash dirt out we do ours every changes the posi track is good it complete floor unbolts

  165. #165CM19952014-06-15 17:47

    How do you like the 289? I have been a Bobcat guy for over 20 years but I have had too many problems with the 2 T250's I have now. The 289 would fit what I need, size and power wise. Getting all the equipment the same brand also simplifies things a bit. The only problem going through my mind is trying to retrain myself and my crew to operate a skid with joysticks and not hand/foot. Cat dealer had a 299 or 289 just in with the metal tracks. IIRC, my salesman said the metal tracks were a dealer installed factory item but Cat was planning on putting them on in the factor in the future. What kind of work do you do Pafarmer?

  166. #166pafarmer2014-06-15 19:53

    Hi CM, I love all of the CAT equipment I own. I was a huge bobcat man myself for many years but downtime and less than good service drove me to slowly but surely switch every piece of equipment to CAT. The 299XHP is by far the best mulching machine on the market today. They are absolute beasts and can handle any forestry head with ease. The 289C2 and 289D are fantastic CTL's as well. So smooth and great power. The seat and torsion suspension allows me to work for 12 hours and get out clean and nothing is sore at all. Hydro power on both are the best in my opinion. Very powerful hydro system. high quality hoses, easy service etc etc ..My CAT dealer has bent over backwards to earn my business and the service before, during and after the sale is better than anyone else I have dealt within my 35 years in the dirt. We do allot of land clearing, demo work and now the big business for me is right of way clearing for the Natural Gas pipelines going in all over my region. We have work booked today that brings us out past this time next year and much more expected. Like I said previously I have 17 pieces of equipment in the field today...All CAT by the way. These big Gas Companies know their business and when they come to inspect and see a bunch of CAT equipment being used they like that very much. Everyone here on these gas wells and pipelines is all CAT equipment... Very rarely do you see another brand. I ordered two brand new 299XHP when I bought the 289D and all of the equipment I ordered for the 289D with come factory installed on the 299XHP.... It's actually cheaper on labor to have in factory installed but I have a full time mechanic so he will install everything on my 289D. We also ordered a 316E excavator to replace our 315... Try the CAT CM , you will not be disappointed. So much more machine than Bobcat in every aspect in my humble opinion.

  167. #167ironjunkie2014-06-15 20:30

    Gotta love that Marcellus shale! With 17 pc. in the field, I bet Cleveland Bros loves you!:drink up Do you mind me asking what those machines cost? (299-289) I understand if you'd rather not.

  168. #168pafarmer2014-06-15 21:56

    Only the last few came from Cleveland Bros. The others are all used equipment.. Most of our machines are on a large drainage job at the moment.

  169. #169hmearth2014-06-17 16:56

    Here is a pic of the new rear idler I'm puting on my deere 329D hoping it will help stop stones being impregnated into where the rollers run causing track failer

  170. #170JNB2014-07-05 23:14

    Hock, be sure and take some pics once you get the new track and idler setup on your Deere. I'm interested to see how it works out for you.

  171. #171pafarmer2014-07-06 07:08

    I run triple idlers front and rear on all of my CAT CTL's to prevent derailment. The terrain we general work in very rugged and tossing a track is easy to do in rough terrain. The single idler on the rear only will save you from pushing rocks Into your track. The best setup I have found for general contracting type work is a double in the front and single in the rear. Your single idler will most certainly help with the issue you are having....

  172. #172hmearth2014-07-08 07:45

    Yes pafarmer single to the rear and twin at the front is what I had in mind now it's making time to do it I'll post some pics when all done.

  173. #173durallymax2014-07-09 22:42

    Traded 262C2 for 262D. Everyone likes the D quite a bit. The EH controls are a lot better and everyone seems happy with them, actually enough said they turned the sensitivity down. I guess I kind of got used to the C series lack of response and it didn't bug me for a lot of tasks. The D is pretty jumpy and since I tend to drive around with the stick forward and just use the pedal to control speed, it takes some getting used to now that they have a different motor with electronic control. Nice not having to deal with cables for the pedal getting sticky. The cab may not look very different on them, but as I mentioned in the write up I did awhile back there is not much that stayed the same. Lots of little features that are nice, but overall its silent as far as skid steers go. Quiet enough to have bluetooth radio that you can actually use. Does help to use the locks that press the windows tight together. The ass end is taller but the view out the window is better even though you can't see as much behind you. Backup camera helps though but takes some getting used to. I am a bit worried that the camera will get hit by something. It sits basically flush with the door in the 2" hole but well see. May stick a black branch deflector mount for semi running lights around it if it doesn't obstruct the view. The high back seat is a nice touch but I still think the heater switch sticks out way too far. Very easy to bump on accident and thats not a nice feeling in the middle of summer. Liking the new cooling system design with airflow through door and A/C condensor mounted there for easy cleaning. New HVAC is much more powerful. Level one feels like the C series maxxed out. The electric quick attach is slow and it worries me due to the history electrical mechanisms and manure have but maybe this one will be different. They are quite a bit lighter on the front end too. The demo machine with no bucket would wheelie without trying, but this machine with the Tweels on it helps. Still touchy but the extra couple hundred pounds from the Tweels helps. Overall though its went over pretty well with everyone who has ran it so far and thats not easy.

  174. #174durallymax2014-07-09 22:58

    Like the layout under the cab of the D series as well. Nice and clean and open. No HVAC to cover up when cleaning either. Hydraulic tank sits in belly and off to side. Nice side fill, no more lifting cab to fill (I could cheat it with a gooseneck pail pump though), do need a padlock so nobody puts diesel in it though. Hydraulic valves and lines are more organized and do not sit down in the slop anymore. HVAC is mounted to cab now which frees up enough space upfront for all kinds of stuff I guess. Kind of a huge waste of space. Wish they would have kept the battery under there though instead of in the way of the oil filter.

  175. #175hmearth2014-07-10 06:10

    Hi durallymax Nice looking skid. How do find the wheels do they give you a good ride. I have a reverse camera on my ctl im ashamed to say I have back into a few things mainly rollers with learners on them and to date not a problem camera still there in one peace.

  176. #176pafarmer2014-07-10 06:18

    Sweet looking machine durallymax. I really like the D series machines ....I like the tires, what kind of hours do you get out of them ? Ride ? etc....everything I own has a set of tracks on it....but would like yo hear your thoughts on the tires.....looks like flats are not an issue....Best of luck with your new CAT iron....

  177. #177durallymax2014-07-10 13:47

    You can go to Michelin Tweels website to find a dealer. I don't think they are in Australia yet, just a limited amount in the US right now but they are expanding rapidly. You can contact them if you are interested and they will get ahold of you when they are in your market area. Very good to deal with. The Tweels ride much nicer than any solid or sold flex/flex port style. A little bit rougher than some stiffer Bias tires and much harder than the Bibsteels, but the goal of the Tweel is mostly to give you an air free option with a good ride, good traction and less machine wear. Our machines get run inside very tight barns so stuff tends to get torn up especially on the rear of the machines. The Camera is a small target to hit, but I could see it maybe happening. I'll leave it until they hit it once. The D's are nice. The Tweels ride nice, get decent traction and flats are obviously non existent. They don't outperform our bibsteel AT's when it comes to ride, traction and value but they make up for that with the advantages of being airless. We don't need a set on every machine, the Bibsteels do great on the other two, but its nice to have one machine with them where you know you can go brush hogging ,or working in other areas where punctures are common, without issues. The Bibsteels are steel belted and have resisted punctures very well. I think I have maybe had to fix one total between the two machines and 2500hrs. They primarily are operated on gravel and concrete so punctures are not as common but we still fixed a few per month when running the Cat bias tires (Titan). The issue we still have with the Bibsteel is rim damage. Inevitable with pnuematic tires, our machines operate around concrete curbs all day, especially many in the 4-12" size that love to bend rims. Easy enough to deal with bent rims though. If you are in an application that needs a solid tire then the Tweel is a much better option, if you simply want a pneumatic tire that performs better and lasts longer then the Bibsteel is the best option. For us its two machines with Bibsteel AT's and the one with Tweels. Works great. Bibsteel AT 12" look like they will run 2,000-2,500hrs easily. The 10" will probably hit 2,000hrs as well. 12" are on a 242B3, 10" are on a 226B3. The Tweels in the photos of the 262D have almost 1800hrs on them. They only start with 30/32" of tread just like the Bibsteels. Currently they are just under half tread so I think 2,500hrs is a reasonable expectation out of them. The 262 is fairly heavy (8,000lbs) and we could get maybe 600-700hrs out of the Cat bias tires which I felt were actually pretty decent (we got 1,000hrs out of them on the 242B3's). Solid tires commonly go to 2,000hrs or so as well. The advantage with the Tweel is that you can retread it for a couple hundred dollars and keep going. You can choose whatever tread you want at your local retread shop. The pricing for the Tweel is high, but not that much higher than many comparable solid tires. For the advantages you gain in ride and traction it is worth it to me. The only thing I can say is that if you work in an area with sharp objects protruding outwards you may want to stay solid. If the sidewalls of your solids get torn up then the Tweel may not be the best option right now because the spokes are very thin and can be cut. If you just nick them, you simply radius the cut to prevent it from spreading and keep going. Even with a few broken spokes they still operate fine. But if you think you will really beat them up they may not be the best choice. DOn't want to steer anyone away from them because they are a great product and Michelin is great to deal with but I don't want someone to spend the money and be disappointed either. Who knows maybe in the future they will add some sort of sidewall protection that will make them a viable option for those who can't use them. I thought about something that would bolt onto extra long wheel studs after the Tweel was mounted, and then have a thick heavy rubber disc to protect the spokes but not interfere with performance but don't know how well it would work. The Tweel needs to be open on the sides to clean out the mud/rocks etc. The disc would still allow cleanout on the inside but I do not know if that idea would work or not. We don't have an issue really so I'm not too worried about it right now. The spokes themselves are recessed quite a bit and flare out at the edge so simply rubbing a curb or something wont catch them. Here is the image from when they were new to compare.

  178. #178durallymax2014-07-10 13:57

    It took probably a full year before everybody around here learned how to make the joysticks do what they want and didn't complain. Took the longest for people to figure out you can run the sides independently with one stick nearly the same as with two, you just have to know where to place the joystick. Its an odd feeling and takes awhile to learn, but as long as you don't have any Hand/Foot machines around it helps. We swapped three NH for three Cats. still have one NH at another farm that doesn't get used much, so basically kind of forced everyone to change, didn't give them an option. A couple years later they all seem fairly happy with the switch and not having to use all of their limbs to operate the machine as well as not running machines at 100% throttle all day either because your foot is free to run the pedal. The EH controls in the C were a complaint from some because we had B machines with Pilots that were much more predicatable, the D series apparently changed that alot and most have turned down the sensitivity when operating them because of the response. For once you can actually pull the stick to stop the machine and be worried about smacking your face on the door. Not something to do all of the time, but its a good test of the control response and helps in those "oh ****" moments. AFAIK the Metal tracks are still dealer installed and pricey, but I dk why they wouldn't consider offering them from the factory in the near future if the market wants them.

  179. #179durallymax2014-07-10 14:01

    Nice machine, I'd like to see the pre-cleaner when you are done. I like the option on the D's for them and will probably add one to ours as we can't keep filters clean very long.

  180. #180Mark132014-07-10 19:20

    Here's some pictures of my TL230 all cleaned up and ready to go pick up bales.

  181. #181Stick Pro2014-07-11 21:38

    Did you get the security lock on your machine. We are going to get our installed next week, I have a few questions before we get it installed. One person was saying you can not take off the security code, you have to enter the code every time you go to start your machine. If that is the case I do not know if I want this option.

  182. #182pafarmer2014-07-11 21:54

    I'm confused with what you are asking. My 289D has an option as part of the standard display in the machine to set a security code. You don't have to take to CAT to have it installed .....you can set your own code directly from the seat of your machine and use it each time or disable right from the seat of the machine. You totally lost me on what your asking or attempting to do. No need to have anything installed to my knowledge.

  183. #183Stick Pro2014-07-11 22:32

    Our machine came with the advanced display, but the machine security was not installed on our display, cat said bring it in and they will load it on my machine. Then I can lock my machine with a pas code, but I have herd I can not turn the machine lock on and off. I do not want to have to enter a code every time I start my machine, I just want to use it when I leave it on a job. Thanks for all the help.

  184. #184pafarmer2014-07-12 07:46

    Ahhhhh. Now I understand...once set you need to enter it each and Everytime or disable it and reset it at the end of the day.fairly simple to set, change, disable....I like the feature myself. I set mine and enter the code and off you go....really not a big deal once you get used to using it....I have assigned each of my guys their own code and that allows me to limit machine parameters and track each operator in terms of usage and how they actually operate the machine. Keeps my guys from acting the fool when they know the owner can see axactly how they run it, how long they ran it and various other functions and features. Great for busting their ass with the data in provides too....great feature....

  185. #185JNB2014-07-12 08:51

    I worked on a small pond dig this past week. The Case ran great (thank God!). The pond was located at the bottom of two small feeder canyons. No way to use a dozer on this one, loader work all the way. Pockets of four different types of clay, caliche, sand...and three burn pits in the dig to clean out. Buried the junk, sand to an arena and clays blended and used for the dam core. I had a feeling that this was going to be a pain, so to cover myself I gave them a daily rate instead of my usual bid.

  186. #186pafarmer2014-07-12 11:31

    Looks fantastic JNB ! So happy you had a trouble free day with your Case.

  187. #187durallymax2014-07-12 15:15

    Had to mow a bunch of thistles today in pastures. The ledge its sitting on is the width of the SSL, it was where they were going to run train tracks over 100 years ago. They stopped part way and chose a different path. Theres still a spot from where the steam shovel sat too with a bowl all around it. The way I understand it, once activated it stays activated however when you shut the machine off you can override the lockout by pushing the X and the machine will stay unlocked for 15 minutes. I don't have it activated on ours so I don't know much else about it. pafarmer would know more. The book does not explain it well, the only reason I knew the override was because of a video I saw awhile back. If you don't want to deal with all of that, just put a shutoff in the back and lock the rear door. You can lock the front door too and 90% of the people who may steal it will not. The other 10% will find a way no matter what. If you have a lot of the 10% in your area then I would use the security system. Theres only a few people within than 10% that will still take your machine because it would require a winch bed or something large to pick the machine up. x2

  188. #188hmearth2014-07-15 06:03

    Looks good john nice clean job get some more pics as you go.

  189. #189Lil' Puss2014-07-16 14:00

    I know all about caliche and hate it. Around here most contracts have a caliche clause. Good job you're doing there.

  190. #190JNB2014-07-17 19:59

    Thanks for the compliments guys. I figured that one 18" overflow pipe would be enough for the dam. What I didn't figure on was getting over 10" of rain in the area over the last 12 hours. This is Texas for gosh sakes...we're not supposed to see any rain this time of year! I knew that there wasn't enough freeboard above the pipe and also wanted to pour concrete pipe collars, but I was on the customer's budget and ran out of time. I had planned to go back when the customer had funds for another day of work and add another couple of feet to the top of the dam. The water almost washed the pipe out of there and went over the top of the dam. I'm thinking that another 18" pipe wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll load some more pics when its finished. At my place we had over 9" of rain in the same amount of time. My pond is fed by two 18" culvert pipes at one end of my road frontage and another single 18" at the other. We had so much rain at one time that the 5' deep bar ditch on the other side of the road overflowed the road above the culvert pipes. I had a 12" deep river running down my trailer access driveway and 4' of water in my (as yet) unfinished basement. Nothing damage, but I've had a 2" pump running for the last 9 hours. What a day!

  191. #191hmearth2014-07-19 05:44

    Well I finaly got it the new tracks on with the new idlers I had made for my deere 329D

  192. #192hmearth2014-07-19 05:46

    Post it up side down so you boys in the USA can see it the right way up lol.

  193. #193JNB2014-07-19 10:11

    What upside down pics are you referring to Hock? Knowing the type of work you do, I think those idlers will end up working out better. I'm really interested in your opinion of the tracks after a bit of work.

  194. #194rockman2014-07-21 06:14

    a couple of attachments on my new TL12

  195. #195pafarmer2014-07-21 06:22

    Sweet looking machine Rockman....

  196. #196rockman2014-07-21 06:40

    thanks for that ... it is a nice toy looking at possibly putting a ' uemme ' blade on the front ... still undecided , either that or a grader attachment cheers

  197. #197pafarmer2014-07-21 06:52

    OK, you will need educate me on a uemme blade my friend.....I really like the TAK TL12 machine. I ran one last week for a day and half and it's a powerhouse for sure.....

  198. #198rockman2014-07-21 07:02

    a blade attachment like this with a dual garde laser system my rear mounted rippers should turn up later in the week , to be fitted early next week

  199. #199hmearth2014-07-21 07:27

    Rockman Nice set up what 6in1 blade is that. Looking at the back ground you up near cairns. A pic of your rippers be good when you get them on

  200. #200lumberjack2014-07-21 07:39

    How much do the rippers cost? I've thought they would be handy.

  201. #201rockman2014-07-21 14:38

    the brand of the blade is ' UEMME ' good call , yeah Cairns ...lol the rippers are the ' NORM ' brand , this is a pic of my previous machine with them mounted on . once you have used them , you can't run a machine without them cheers

  202. #202hmearth2014-07-21 15:50

    I like those rippers. Norm only the best I use a lot of norm attachments there good stuff. Hows work up your way we are flat out.

  203. #203AlldayRJ2014-07-21 20:58

    What are the first two attachments you posted? Those rippers are incredible, i bet that machine can lift anything with those hanging off the back too

  204. #204The Learner2014-07-22 04:18

    alldayrj the first attachment pictured by rockman is a profiler or mill used for section cutting asphalt or bituman and pot-holes the second looks like a rake that would get used with the profiler to push the asphalt back into the hole

  205. #205rockman2014-07-22 06:36

    give the man a cookie ... your right the first is a 1000mm profiler / stabilizer , digs to 240mm deep for stabilizing / mixing the second is a ' asphalt float ' , used for laying asphalt to side of roads / paths , spreads it to 1400mm wide , outside your track line

  206. #206rockman2014-07-22 06:41

    I also have a 4in1 broom attachment

  207. #207pafarmer2014-07-22 15:43

    Very nice attachment. Can't say I have even seen a 4 in 1 broom in the US....

  208. #208hmearth2014-07-23 06:35

    That is one nice bucket broom you have there rockman

  209. #209straightexhaust2014-07-23 14:04

    Here is my current setup. Just officially started my business the first of the year. More pics available on my website (still under construction btw) http://www.jfcustoms.com

  210. #210JNB2014-07-27 12:57

    Straightexhaust - Good start on your website...the best of luck to you! Here's a couple pics using a Ratchet Rake to repair some potholes and recover gravel for this parking area and 1200 feet of driveway. My tractor is actually faster for this type of work, but it was hot and I wanted to enjoy a/c for the day.

  211. #211tmc_312014-07-27 15:56

    Wow straightexhaust, that is a really impressive website. That should bring you some business. What brand tracks are in the picture? I have a L190 and have been toying with putting some OTT's on. I tried to push some brush in the shinnery on Friday and couldn't go in the sand. Had to tell the customer sorry. I think tracks would have helped. I had a set of Mclaren tracks on my LS170 but sold them with the loader. Tim

  212. #212tmc_312014-07-27 16:02

    Hey John, is the CTL working ok for you now? Glad to see you using the RR on your skid. I have thought about using one on my L190 to push light (scrub oak) brush with. I have a Rezloh edge on but it is a little more blunt edged than the Ratchet Rake. Glad to see you up and running again. Tim

  213. #213JNB2014-07-27 16:19

    Tim, the Case is working fine right now. I'm still a little gun shy though. Waiting for a low hour Kubota SVL90 to come into the dealer on trade. I missed a great deal on one while the Case was in the shop. The RR is at home pushing brush and works good stirring up 3/8" flex base. Other than that, mine just sits around. I bought mine when TSC was phasing out the 72" at rock bottom prices.

  214. #214straightexhaust2014-07-27 18:33

    Thanks, I'm definitely not a web designer but the templates aren't too bad to work with I guess haha. Thanks! That's my latest version, got the layout and design worked out better then before. My tracks are OEM New Holland. They have quite a bit of wear on them though, a lot of stretched links and worn out bars. They work great though, glad I got them. I have the wheel spacers and the heavy duty sidewalls on my tires to go with them

  215. #215ironjunkie2014-07-27 21:13

    Those are "Grouser" brand tracks, sold by most (brand) dealers. The JD I bought had JD in the casting on the track but still Grouser tracks.

  216. #216JNB2014-07-30 22:07

    Finished power raking a couple hundred yards of topsoil today. I also created mowable drainage swales and raised the gravel driveway 10-12". The way the driveway was placed by the builder's sub it WAS the swale. The owner wasn't happy with the way things were progressing and called me in to finish up. I hauled out 160 tons of rock and a couple loads of concrete off this lot a couple of years ago for the owner. It was the last lot in the subdivision and the other builders used it for a dump site.

  217. #217Jmac032014-08-01 10:19

    New to me Bobcat T190 -

  218. #218Jmac032014-08-01 10:21

    My 2005 Bobcat S175 - 590 Hrs

  219. #219straightexhaust2014-08-01 10:50

    Looks like a nice development. I see that a lot where the remaining lots have been used as a laydown area and dumpsite also, makes for a hell of a mess.

  220. #220durallymax2014-08-03 11:05

    Added some LED side lights to the 262D. One of the things I stressed when the engineers were out awhile back was better lights. No options for better lights so I made my own. Theres more to come, this is just the beginning. I like bright white lights. With all of our other equipment either full of HIDs from the factory or upgraded with newer LEDs that outperform HIDs, the halogens on the 262 seem poor. They are decent for a halogen though.

  221. #221Desertwheeler2014-08-03 11:33

    Very nice!! I have a light addiction myself and like bright lights.

  222. #222durallymax2014-08-03 13:17

    Starts with one or two and then you have to do every piece of equipment you own because they seem so much worse afterwards. The LED tech has finally gotten good enough for a low enough price that they are worth putting on. I don't like HID's, factory ones are fine but aftermarket ballasts that are affordable have a lot of interference and take more work to install than LED's. LED's that perform good dont "look" factory though so some people don't like them. I have had some interference issues with LED's using PWM but ferrite chokes can help with it somewhat. As long as you dont listen to AM radio its not too bad. FM radio still gets some interference on some stations sometimes. I always use an iPod, or my phone on pandora, spotify, etc. Radio sucks these days. I tried mounting some 40w (4x10w emitters) in place of the front 70mm halogens but there wasn't enough room. The 10w emitters are very nice and bright but most of the lights they are in do not flood very well. I don't want to spend the money, but may put some 70mm HID's from the same company that supplies the Halogen 70mm for Cat. Cat offers them in 24v but not 12v. Cat prices are actually cheaper. I could try their LED too but its very pricey. I'm used to the prices buying direct from China, so once things get over $100 per light I start getting hesitant.

  223. #223durallymax2014-08-10 17:58

    Door kit for the hydro fill showed up, so I put that on today quick. Less than 100, not too bad, takes 10 minutes to install but should be standard IMO. Maybe some people don't want it or its just considered an added cost thats easily installed later if someone wants it. I was going to padlock it but then quick checked the parts book and found the kit. Part number for kit is 345-5504. The handle simply turns 90* to unlatch it and can be locked with a key or left unlocked if desired. Before (I put a tamper tag on it to keep people out) After

  224. #224murphy7772014-08-10 19:12

    Its really a shame these days that it has come to the point where we have to padlock the hydro fill cap….I get locking your 500 gallon shop fuel tank, and locking your tool shed etc….. but it is already hard enough for the honest guys to keep up with cost of business. All the same I hope the lock keeps the riff raff out. My problem is the local hoodlums taking my small equipment gas cans out of the back of the truck, I want to fill them with water and sugar to teach them a lesson.

  225. #225durallymax2014-08-10 19:28

    Our machines don't sit on jobsites, the reason for the lock is simply to prevent fuel from being put in the hydro tank. Sure it says no fuel, but I can understand why someone would make the mistake when you consider the fact that the B series machines fuel fill is basically in the same location as the hydro on the D. The C series fuel fill is in the rear like the D, but not every person is that observant. They see the hydro fill cap on the outside before opening the rear door. It has little to do with laziness or a language barrier or dishonest people. Honestly our guys all know by now where to fill it up, the concern I had was the person who figured they would be nice and quick top it off after they used it or something. Someone unfamiliar with the machine.

  226. #226murphy7772014-08-10 20:23

    Ahhh I see, some one stealing a little hydro oil would be small potatoes compared to someone adding a few gallons of diesel to the hydro tank….hahha Im glad its not a theft issue for you.

  227. #227CRAFT2014-08-11 13:43

    Almost as SMART as Ford putting the DEF filler in the same location as the Fuel Fill cap on an F-450 …… A Buddy of mine, a Master Tech at a Ford Dealer had a Dumb A** Apprentice put 2 Gallons of DEF into the fuel tank of a 6.7L (the Truck was in for an Oil change and service under Warranty)……. END RESULT !!! ….. cost the Dealership over $37,000 to fix …. they had to replace the COMPLETE fuel system ….. Tank, Fuel lines, injector pumps, injectors, Turbo etc. ….

  228. #228durallymax2014-08-11 17:31

    Not the first time I've heard of that issue, or the 10th time either.....

  229. #229pafarmer2014-08-13 06:38

    Cool light package durallymax ! Did you change the bulbs in the factory lights on the front of the machine ? If so, what did you go with ? And can I come and hunt deer on your farm ? It's looks like an awesome farm...I have a small farm here in Pa. A little more than 400 acres, used to be a working dairy but nothing like your working dairy farm...

  230. #230durallymax2014-08-16 11:25

    Haven't swapped the front lights yet. Wont be a bulb swap though, entire assembly. I'd prefer to stay LED but Cat doesn't leave a lot of room up there without having lights sticking out way past the roof. In the rear I'll have to make new brackets that allow the light to sit in deeper if I put some back there. Theres a few people that hunt here, never seem to get anything too exciting though.

  231. #231pafarmer2014-08-16 18:10

    Very interested to see what you end up with on the lights. I need a better lighting system on a few on my machines. We will be running in the dark here before long with fall bearing down on us...

  232. #232Desertwheeler2014-08-17 21:34

    Check out visionx lights I think they have some about the same size but not too deep so they stick out.

  233. #233durallymax2014-08-18 00:25

    Ha, no thanks. No way I'm paying those prices. The stuff I buy is nearly identical to their stuff just 10 times cheaper. I

  234. #234DirtCrawler2014-08-19 23:54

    Durallymax do you still have your 262c or did you trade it in for the 262d? Can you offer your opinions on the fuel usage for the new 'D' vs the old 'C'. Good/Bad, Worse/Better?

  235. #235Desertwheeler2014-08-20 00:49

    Ya they aren't cheap. But I have the cheap China lights and some more expensive ones and the difference is amazing. Granted they aren't a lot more but 150 a pair versus 90, not like rigids at 200-350 a pair. I'd have to compare them to the ones on my 226 for size but they sure don't seem much bigger. Check out a company called motoalliance their lights are very bright and reasonable. I run them on my rzr.

  236. #236durallymax2014-08-20 01:45

    Traded the 262C2 for 262D, can't really comment on the fuel usage part but there are some very nice improvements over the C/C2. Still some things I don't agree with, but overall a huge improvement. The difference isn't that amazing if you are comparing the same lights. I don't pay anywhere near that for a pair, buy three pairs for that. Thanks though. 226 and any other B series light setup is a lot different on the front than on the D series, a lot more room to work with, I've upgraded our B's as well.

  237. #237hmearth2014-08-20 06:26

    Another day at the office

  238. #238JNB2014-08-20 07:38

    Nice setup there Hock, You didn't take much time off to let that digit heal!

  239. #239hmearth2014-08-20 15:47

    Yeh and I'm suffering for it to

  240. #240DirtCrawler2014-08-21 19:59

    Durallymax, how many hours use are you getting on a tank of fuel?

  241. #241pafarmer2014-08-21 20:26

    Give it up then, where do you buy your lights from ?

  242. #242hmearth2014-09-09 07:27

    Ready for another day

  243. #243Equip Junkie2014-09-11 12:05

    Here is my machine with some of my attachments. I have more invested in attachments than the machine at this point.

  244. #244hmearth2014-09-13 02:12

    Yeh it doesn't take long to gather a few attachments together It looks like you have some nice pieces there equip junkie

  245. #245hmearth2014-09-13 03:54

    A little project I can do without face plate was so worn from pushing out rock I replaced it with a new one, the bucket pin was frozen in housing end up cutting old face plate in half to get it off

  246. #246Taylortractornu2014-09-16 18:37

    HM earth and others with CTL or mini excavators that have final drive troubles. My brothers 334 BC mini ex lost a seal and bearing. He called the BC dealer andthey told him with would be 5400 to get another final. I found a rebuilder down in Texas the remans them and has several on the shelf about half price. He sold us the parts for 900 and we did the rebuild. It wasnt easy but not super hard either. Its finaldrive.com they have alot of vids on youtube. Most of the finals are built in italy.

  247. #247hmearth2014-09-17 06:38

    Hmm final drives I found an easier way stay in drive tran warranty. I did both final drives on my deere 329D at 2000 hrs and hitachi (john deere) step up to the plate and replaced both sides with new 2 speed drive motors so when warranties nearly up you know what I getting

  248. #248tirelyna2014-09-19 20:36

    Do you find your tires going flat often?

  249. #249JNB2014-09-19 23:29

    Where there's a will there's a way. How many hours on the new tracks so far?

  250. #250hmearth2014-09-20 02:16

    About 180hrs I think and thanks to those new rear idles no signs of wear but I will say the ride not quite as good when your up on the rear idler so at this stage it was money well spent have them made

  251. #251rockman2014-09-20 03:24

    what model do you have ? hows your under-carriage going .. leaning in at the top yet ?

  252. #252hmearth2014-09-20 06:59

    Hi jim Deere 329D now that I have the new idlers on this is what I didl I took the twin ibler off and had this single one made up to stop rocks and stones being pushed into the track were the idlers run causing bad vibration through the machine and a life span of 500hrs now I should get well over a 1000 hrs out of set of tracks on rock

  253. #253RCTech92014-10-21 23:51

    Bump!

  254. #254JNB2014-10-22 20:24

    Pushing out a bunch of fill for a new driveway. A little job interruption to replace a front idler.

  255. #255pafarmer2014-10-22 20:30

    U JNB , Everytime you post a new thing is being fixed on your machine....how has it been since the fire etc....?....

  256. #256JNB2014-10-22 20:44

    Its actually been working fine. The bearing lasted another 200 hrs. after I first heard it, so it was due. I have a couple other irons in the fire right now so I gotta make the machine last until Spring.

  257. #257pafarmer2014-10-22 20:54

    Glad to hear its working better for you....hope it makes it much longer than just this coming spring.....

  258. #258lumberjack2014-10-22 22:44

    Did the end of the frame splay out or is that how it's built? You haven't seemed to have very good luck with that 320!

  259. #259lumberjack2014-10-22 22:47

    Here's some tree raking I did with the ctl Monday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq487flTHaA

  260. #260JNB2014-10-23 07:33

    It's just the camera that makes it look like that. The more I replace...the better it gets!

  261. #261lumberjack2014-10-23 08:04

    Yep, won't be long until the machine is replaced!

  262. #262RCTech92014-10-23 22:00

    LOL. Hopefully the machine makes it to spring without a lot of work.

  263. #263JNB2014-11-05 08:00

    Sure is quiet around here. Are y'all busy polishing up your snow weapons?

  264. #264KSSS2014-11-05 09:43

    Looks good!

  265. #265JNB2014-11-05 10:22

    Thanks! We're in our second day of rain, so I'm finally able to catch up on calls and bids. How do you like your new skid?

  266. #266hmearth2014-11-05 13:39

    Hi john Lookin good is that a tin pipe between them head walls

  267. #267durallymax2014-11-05 16:56

    Were busy with fieldwork and finishing up harvesting. Nothing skid steer related but we bought another new Fendt. a 722. Handy little tractor that packs a punch. It looks little but its actually not, 220hp and can be ballasted to 29,000lbs if you want. We got a loader for it too. Picture of its big brother when we were harvesting corn last week. Picture from a couple months ago, it was our last day of chopping hay for the year.

  268. #268Equip Junkie2014-11-05 17:19

    Been pretty busy this fall. Glad the snow has stayed away. Dry enough for mulching in low lying area's.

  269. #269RCTech92014-11-05 17:56

    Good looking tractor. Too bad there isnt a fendt dealer in our neck of the woods.

  270. #270hmearth2015-01-10 02:45

    Made up these end plates for my grader for a job next week

  271. #271apetad2015-01-13 12:37

    Great Pictures - How do those airless wheels on the Cat hold up???

  272. #272durallymax2015-01-14 11:16

    The Tweels been working great, the new All Terrain style has been even better. Very happy with them. If you need an airless tire I would strongly consider them. They are a bit more than other airless but the benefits of a soft ride and good traction are worth it. Wear life is similar or better than other airless and they are retread able. I would caution again using them for demolition work where objects could stick out and tear the spokes. If you already tear a lot of sidewalls on your tires then it would be a concern, otherwise I wouldn't worry much. The spokes are recessed, not flush with the edge and the Tweel will operate with broken spokes just fine. The other concerns everyone speculates over really don't pan out in the real world. Mud, rocks, cold weather, heavy loads, etc etc do not affect the spokes. You really need a rigid object protruding out to actually tear one. We tore a couple on our old set but they still performed fine. Have not seen as much as a tiny knick on this set in the 400hrs they've been running. The new spokes are heavier than the old ones and have a different shape to them as well. The tread seems to be maybe wearing a bit quicker but the traction is much better than the originals. The originals would've easily surpassed 2500hrs before needed to be retreaded but at 2k hrs the opportunity arose to try the all terrains so I went that route. The Bibsteel Radial is great if you don't need an airless tire. Steel belting resists a lot of punctures and the ride is unbelievable. Wear life is double of a bias as usual.

  273. #273apetad2015-01-15 17:57

    Thank you so much for that info! We are in Central Texas with sharp rocks and mesquite thorns everywhere. This could be the solution.

  274. #274durallymax2015-01-15 22:51

    Should work great for that. Good company to back them up too.

  275. #275toomuchtime2015-01-20 08:19

    one of my 246D Street machines,two speed hi flow with mclarrens

  276. #276ironjunkie2015-01-27 15:28

    Today's only job.

  277. #277hmearth2015-01-27 16:59

    28 c here and I'm shivering looking at that

  278. #278JNB2015-01-27 18:08

    10-4 to that Hock! I had the a/c running in the CASE today.

  279. #279JNB2015-01-27 18:20

    Hey Hock...how are the end plates on your grader working out?

  280. #280apetad2015-02-18 18:23
  281. #281245dlc2015-02-18 18:57

    How do you like your Gehl/Mustang machine? I've been wondering how they are with that track tensioning device.

  282. #282245dlc2015-02-18 19:18

    Well other than hauling some grain back in January I haven't turned a track or tire all winter sadly other than a little bit with my POS snowblower. I was hoping that through the guys I worked for last year we'd get some oilfield related work like building leases, lease roads, and maybe some pipeline ditching etc. But poor oil prices killed that dream......hope Saudi Arabia dries up soon. lol So I'll leave you fellas with some CTL pictures from an environmental cleanup job I worked on last fall after a gas pipeline blew up the previous winter. I really enjoyed operating the Kubota SVL75 and SVL90 both fairly powerful machines with decent cabs, visibility, and low noise levels, and the DPF in both never gave any trouble despite being rental machines. We had about 1,000 cu. yds. of topsoil to move and because it had been screened a little bit it was also mixed with a lot of peat so both machines were both equipped with snow buckets as we had to cover over a large area and couldn't use bigger or wheeled equipment over the pipeline. We also used a Kobelco 210 to pile up our stockpiles.

  283. #283apetad2015-02-18 21:46

    The generation 2 machine is absolutely fantastic in every way! I now can grade! I never could with a rubber tire machine!

  284. #284245dlc2015-02-19 00:22

    How is it to operate? Fairly reliable? Decent cab and visibility? One friend of mine usually bad mouth's anything with the Gehl or Mustang decal on it because he owned a rubber-tire one years ago and didn't have much luck with it.

  285. #285apetad2015-02-19 11:43

    Has self-adjusting tracks which is great, the controls can be switched from case style to regular joystick by pushing a button, have been working the larger 2100RT for 2 years now with no issues. The cab is the roomiest I have ever seen. The service access is the mind blower, you can access everything VERY easily for cleaning it out. AND we enjoy the highest pushing power compared to anything this size (66" wide) 7900#

  286. #286DirtVanDigger2015-03-09 02:44

    Nothing runs like a John Deere!

  287. #287dirtmonkey2015-03-09 06:37

    . I smell an ignorant troll ..cough. , I mean salesman.

  288. #288JNB2015-03-09 07:51

    Same thing in this case. You'd think that a salesman could at least get the saying right.

  289. #289DirtVanDigger2015-03-09 11:05

    Sorry you feel that way... Ignorant troll? Didn't know I was back in middle school by coming on here. Sorry if I somehow offended your delicate sensibilities. As far as the "slogan" goes I am fully aware of the marking however I like to put my own twist on how I do business. I'll tread lightly as to not ruffle any more hen feathers. Carry on.

  290. #290durallymax2015-03-09 11:48

    Well what did your post contribute? Nothing. Just sales pictures of Deere and stating how good they are, yet you're a salesman and every post is about how great deere is. People come here to escape people like you. There's some well respected salesman on here because they aren't annoying and have a lot of experience and an open mind. You should tread lightly, or face the criticism. I don't get the twist on the slogan, where does it say "John Deere" on the construction equipment?

  291. #291CRAFT2015-03-09 11:49

    "Best to Be Silent" and thought Dumb !!! …. Rather than Speak Up !!! ….. And Remove All Doubt !!! ….. They were just funn'n Yuh !!! ……. If anyone got their HEN Feathers Ruffled …. Sorry to Say …. But It Was YOU !!!! …….. enjoy the forum, if a guy can't take the odd Poke then … Well ??? ….. You Decide !!! …….. Cheers and have a great Day !!!

  292. #292DirtVanDigger2015-03-09 12:01

    Sorry.... I guess I just don't play those games. The thread was about pictures of machines...so I posted. I came on here to just see if I can answer questions or direct to needed info. Around where I am I try to separate us from the landscape division and people ask me the same question you just did and I makee they know the difference. That is all. You all have a fantastic Monday.

  293. #293CRAFT2015-03-09 12:04

    Careful "durally" …… Just because one of the kids TRIED to play in the Sand Box, doesn't mean the rest of US don't play well together …. LMFAO ….. this thread is One I always look forward to reading when something new or different comes along …… There was another Thread that JUST GOT Shut Down because the Sand Box got Too Heated ……. We don't want that to happen to this one ….. Cheers Pal !!!

  294. #294CRAFT2015-03-09 12:08

    In Short …… You spoke up and Lost Respect !!! ……. they were just poking …… NOT Attacking ….. you took immediate defensive action …… "I Thought the Pics were Interesting" …...

  295. #295JNB2015-03-09 12:33

    Right on the money Craft! I am a bit uncomfortable with your comment in bold though.

  296. #296durallymax2015-03-09 19:00

    Nobody is playing games. This thread was pictures of your machines doing something, something you did to them, something you bought, etc. Offering advice is great, don't let the backlash scare you away. Welcome, AFAIK there isn't really a Deere guy on here so its good to have one if you know more than the brochure tells you. Have to put your head down initially, being a new guy and a salesman you will get flamed easily. It's the interweb, no games being played, nobody is calling anyone a butt face or saying their dad could beat up your dad. I like this thread too, but can see a sales brochure any other day if I really wanted.

  297. #297apetad2015-03-09 21:08

    They won't like this one at all: "Nothing Runs like a Deere, AND nothing smells like a JOHN"

  298. #298willie592015-03-09 21:45

    No, you're not back in Middle School, but as has been pointed out, rather, you're on the internet in general and on Heavy Equipment Forums in particular. The reason you got the reaction from the members is because they are well aware of the rules here, this one in particular: As I look over the other posts you've made at other threads, it's obvious you're promoting Deere machines, and although the context of your posts are not necessarily written to hustle business, they are nevertheless still promoting a product, which is still outside of the boundaries of the rules. No, I don't want to close this thread, and no, I don't want to pull the ban trigger, if you wish to participate with advice or help about Deere machines from your knowledge, please do, but don't bounce around the rules any longer with a veiled intent of continuing to promote a product because I can do both of the aforementioned actions as required. Carry on.

  299. #299CRAFT2015-03-10 00:47

    ….. Haha !!! …… Not That kind of POKE silly !!!! …… Poke as in Poking fun (figure of speech) ….. besides u'r the wrong species and not my type …. LMAO !!!

  300. #300JNB2015-03-14 10:15

    Well, now that we got that settled...time to get this thread back on track. Since I couldn't find any brochure photos to post, here's a couple of on the job poser pics for ya.

  301. #301CM19952015-03-14 11:02

    JNB I like those precast headwalls. Do they come with lifting eyes? Never seen that type in my area. Not a fan of the CMP, I've replaced too many LF that's rusted out in the bottom in a short time.

  302. #302pafarmer2015-03-14 11:08

    That's one hell of a rock JNB.....how's the CASE treatin you these days ?

  303. #303JNB2015-03-14 11:36

    CM - CMP's are the county spec around here unless city specs differ, so that's what they get. Specs also call for poured in place with no mention of precast ends to keep homeowners from killing themselves. I set a few of them every month. These have two lifting eyes at the heavy end and one at the other. I only use the one and then use a wrapped strap around the CMP stub. Seems to balance out better that way. Pafarmer - That rock wouldn't fit in the bucket so I slid it to the driveway entrance. What could be better than a free landscape boulder? I took a month off at Christmas and it's been on and off rain/ snow/sleet/rain or just plain messy ever since. The Case seems to be problem-free when it sits, well...except for the fire that one time.

  304. #304CRAFT2015-03-14 12:25

    Now Here's a couple of "Rocks" ….. I even dug them out with the grapple …. it was in the middle of this guys hay field, just the top 10" showing, but raising hell with his equipment ….

  305. #305HillBoy2015-03-15 02:08

    Toomuchmachtime, these tires look impressive. I'm thinking of getting some solids as well as I'm tired of flats and I don't think the foam fill is worth the money. How is your comfort ride? Do these tires wear quick? Any positives/ negatives you can pass on? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

  306. #306durallymax2015-03-15 03:27

    Are punctures your only issue or are there other reasons for the flats? What kind of punctures? A better air tire can help too, airless isn't always the answer. If you want airless, nice ride, long wear, there's always the Tweel. Does cost more than solid/semi solid tires though. The new style are very nice.

  307. #307HillBoy2015-03-15 04:07

    Our flats are mostly from nails - we do a lot of work around demolition and new construction. How much are the Tweets running for? I like them too, just wondering if I can afford them. Can the wheels be re-used? I like the tread depth of the toomuchtime Mclarren tires - they seem to have a much deeper tread than any pneumatic tire I've seen, so they'll probably last a very long time.

  308. #308durallymax2015-03-15 06:50

    If you are constantly removing nails and such from the tires then airless would be the way to go. If it was just the occasional nail something like the bibsteel might work, but sounds like you know the conditions you will be in and what hazards there are. I haven't had to fix many punctures with the bibsteels but that's just on machines running around the farm. I think Tweel s are around 1k each now, not sure how the price has been lately on them. They are retread able which adds a lot of value. Many solids are not. I notice the mcclarens are pressed on, at least some of them. Probably not an issue for you but in our barns the curbs are the perfect height to knock them off the rim over time. It's happened before with a different set we had, might be a non issue with the mcclarens though. Tread depth isn't everything, tread compound, curing, and casing performance also plays a role. Radial tires wear 2-4 times longer than bias tires due to the casing more than anything, they generally have similar tread depth. The Tweel still functions like a radial tire and has a pile of steel coil in it. The band you see between the lugs and spokes is full of steel which is what keeps performance similar to a radial and increases the footprint with low ground pressure. An all rubber concept that's Swiss cheesed can flex a lot and create a lot of heat which can lead to quicker wear.

  309. #309ironjunkie2015-03-15 20:49

    I've seen this pic before, just now noticed that those "tweels" have a non directional tread. Have you noticed any traction difference in the dirt/mud?

  310. #310durallymax2015-03-16 17:17

    Difference compared to old tweels? Pneumatic tires? Solid Tires? Old Tweels had a non directional blocky tread and slightly different spoke design. These Tweels get much better traction and are smoother. They do not get the traction our machines with pneumatic Bibsteel AT's get but they are better than solids.

  311. #311Deereman2015-03-19 13:20

    If you don't mind I can give you my experience with them so far. We went from foam filled to McClarens (little over $3k for the set). So far the only positives I like is of course is no flats(which we didn't have any way) and you do gain a little tire height/dump height(Very Little) Negatives- Ride is quite stiffer then I would have thought(wasn't expecting as good as air tubeless). Easy to get stuck. You have to watch out when going forward and backwards. Can't really do it to fast. More or less ease into it. Keep from tearing up finished work. And I haven't check yet, but seems that the MCC's are a narrower tire then what we had and the tracks might be more loose on them vs our FF. Haven't check to see if what the linkage will be like. Over all, I don't think I will go this route again. Never know how things are till you try them. Btw, this machine sees a little bit of everything.

  312. #312HillBoy2015-03-20 17:03

    Thanks, deereman, well appreciated. I see they offer two tread designs - AT (more rubber surface on the ground) and DT (seems for off-road). Which tire do you have? How many hours you got so far? I checked with other solid tires, and other people complain of lost traction vs. pneumatics - seems this is one common thing I'll have to deal with if going solid.

  313. #313Swannny2015-03-20 22:16

    I've got pneumatic Ultra's by Carlisle on the CAT and they seem to be a good tire for a decent price. Friend of mine sells them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-HD-12X16-...962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463615b10a

  314. #314Deereman2015-03-24 21:26

    We must have gotten the deep tread. Don't believe the sales guy or even me looking on the website caught that there was 2 versions . Would like to try the AT. I'd say the machine has give or take a hundred hours or so. Now we just use the 320 Deere where traction won't be a problem and use the 250-II Deere with foam filled with tracks every where else.

  315. #315Todd v.2015-03-28 03:32

    I demod two machines this past week and one had solid tires, didn't pay attention to the brand but they really liked to sink in compared to the pneumatic tires. The tread design was very deep on the edges and a lot less deep in the center but i think overall they were skinnier also.

  316. #316Greenstreet2015-03-29 14:00

    Got all the control cables replaced in my "new" Scat Trak 1700C along with filters and fluids. It's good to be back in the saddle. Pleased with what it can do but can't wait to get tracks on it.

  317. #317CM19952015-03-29 20:12

    Greenstreet metal OTR tracks will make that a different machine, ran that setup for years during winter.

  318. #318Sammarsh42015-04-01 21:31

    Dirtmonkey I'm from Shawnee OK and do boxblade work in OKC Norman Edmond Moore etc. I like to have contacts in the buiness pm me some time.

  319. #319dirtmonkey2015-04-02 07:32

    Well hello Sam ! You still workin for 4corners ?

  320. #320Sammarsh42015-04-02 08:43

    Some not as much as I was. I picked up foster homes and beacon homes they are keeping me busy.

  321. #321Swannny2015-04-03 12:04

    CAT offers up ASV to sky gods (which they refused).

  322. #322CRAFT2015-04-03 12:48

    Tried To OFFER a JD TOO !!! ….. they told me to stick It where the Sun Didn't Shine !!! ……. LMFAO

  323. #323CRAFT2015-04-03 13:03

    AND an S-10 Chevy ….. A couple of Sheds …… And some Logs TOO !!! ……… The Reply WAS The Same !!! ……. LOL

  324. #324Swannny2015-04-03 20:44

    Tis hard to get along without a brute of a skid, CRAFT. Always something for them to do. https://youtu.be/5nLbmZpb1Nw

  325. #325TCat2015-04-04 00:29

    A couple of pics of my 763 up at my camp.

  326. #326Swannny2015-04-04 19:36

    I admire your ingenuity, TCat.

  327. #327pafarmer2015-04-04 20:18

    The Pa. Deer stand...I love it...I still have snow and ice up here in Northeastern, Pa. What the heck is the thing on the bottom of the stand with the wooden slates ? Looks like a bird cage ?

  328. #328Swannny2015-04-04 22:00

    You talking about all those pallets he's got stacked on his forks so he can have enough lift height to get the stand off the ground?

  329. #329pafarmer2015-04-05 07:08

    I see now....great stand.....Gotta love the Pa. Deer woods....you have leaves popping out on the trees already ? You like a month or so ahead of us poor SOB's up North...

  330. #330TCat2015-04-05 12:38

    Re snow on the ground Sorry, no leaves yet, those pics were from a couple of years ago. That was the best way I could come up with to move the stand that my son and I built.

  331. #331TCat2015-04-05 18:57

    Thanks Swannny. When I was building at the top of the mountain I had to optimize every trip up and down since it's a slow 1/2 mile ride each way.

  332. #332pafarmer2015-04-05 19:14

    Looks like it worked out great for you. Great thinking and use of materials on hand. Like the way you hauled your lumber and supplies in too.... I spent most of my life on the job in the woods of Pa. , upstate NY and WV and the places I have seen tree stands like yours built never ceases to amaze me ....well done TCat....

  333. #333murphy7772015-04-10 17:52

    I just welded some tabs on my forks to make moving them around the yard/site easier, rather than getting out or disconnecting the bucket, seems to work pretty well….laziness is the breeder of some nifty ideas.

  334. #334Greenstreet2015-04-13 09:12

    Bought this for the M&M's and the Skid Steer Solutions hat. As an added bonus, the tracks and the backhoe package worked great! That ripper is a mean as it looks. Being able to bench cut with the skid makes a world of difference. Same with the tracks.

  335. #335JNB2015-08-08 19:48

    So, I guess all you guys retired? Must be nice. Here's a couple of photos to revive the dead thread.

  336. #336casecx7002015-08-08 20:39

    This is a Picture I took a few years ago (2011 if I remember correctly) a pool that was being put in a few houses down from me.

  337. #337hmearth2015-08-21 17:19

    Hi John hows those new track going.

  338. #338JNB2015-08-21 18:32

    I only have about 15 hours on them, but they're working out so far.

  339. #339Swannny2015-10-30 18:36

    My brother was removing/installing a rather large pipe in a creek and needed some counter ballast. Hydros are really strong on Gehl. Those tires have 3k plus hrs. and have probably 40% tread remaining. Machine has about 6500 hrs. on it. Makes it easy to change the oil. A show down between a couple heavy weights...track vs. tire https://youtu.be/4STJ5p7fzDo

  340. #340HRPServicesTX2016-03-08 20:45

    I know this is an old thread but wanted to show my machine. Svl90. Doing a bunch of brush clearing getting ready for spring/summer.

  341. #341pafarmer2016-03-09 04:53

    Congrats ! Beutiful machine and nice job on the brush clearing. how do you like the Kubota so far ? Pluses and minus ? It sure looks great ! That looks like rattlesnake heaven in those rows of brush....what are the two attachments you are using ? It's hard to tell from the pictures. Farmer...

  342. #342JNB2016-03-09 07:32

    Ah...the stealth Kubota. Who makes the mesquite grabber I see there? Looks different than the root-n-all.

  343. #343HRPServicesTX2016-03-09 14:35

    The grubber I borrowed from a friend, he made it himself. I'm going to build one with lots of modifications to his design. I built the rake myself. So far I really like the Kubota, one thing I really like is it was a CTL built machine, not a wheeled machine swapped for tracks. I think that has a lot of performance gain. I haven't had an issue at all with it. I debadged my machine cause II am getting a custom graphic made for our business put on it. I have to wax it soon too.

  344. #344pafarmer2016-03-09 14:59

    Cool attachments Man, I really like them allot and will steal that idea in part to build a few for myself. I like the stealth look...I have a suggestion for you to consider. Do not wax the machine prior to applying the graphics. Clean the area real well with alcohol, then apply your graphics, then wax the machine and graphics. They will stick better and adhere much longer without the wax under them....I use soapy water to apply our custom graphics. Spray the area on the machine where you are going to apply your logo's etc with the soapy water from a spray bottle so you can move the graphics around while you are applying them, once they are where you want them, remove water from under the decal by working from the center towards the edges with a body putty paddle or similar soft plastic type tool that will not scratch up the decalsThey look better , no air bubbles and adhere extremely well and will last quite awhile. Let them dry out completely for a few days then apply your favorite wax or sealant....thanks for the extra pictures of the attachments too. Very cool of you to do for all of us here...

  345. #345pafarmer2016-03-09 15:04

    Looking good John. How are you my friend ? Good to see you here again. Hoping all is well with you and yours .... Farmer..

  346. #346HRPServicesTX2016-03-09 16:17

    Yeah after seeing the machine a bit with no graphics on them I really like the look lol. I'm only putting new graphics on the dark gray area behind the tracks. Nothing on the arms. I just need to wax the orange, it's fading a bit. Yeah I won't put the wax where I put the new decal. Thanks for those tips on putting it on but I'll have to say, nothing new to me lol. My uncle and grandfather own big sign companies in CA that do all the graphics for the Superbowl, wrap airplanes, drag cars, stuff for Grammys, Warner brothers, universal studios etc lol. So I'm familiar in that. And getting free graphics for tractor and our trucks lol. I will say. That grubber I borrowed could use quite a big of improvements. The teeth are too wide so it wants to shear small stuff rather than grab, so it needs a dif design in that area. Have to use 1/4" for everything, except for any flat plate, that needs to be 3/8" or bigger. My friend used 3/16" 2.5" square tubing and bent it. So I cut the frame off and welded together a new 4" x 1/4" tubing in its place.

  347. #347pafarmer2016-03-09 16:50

    Oh WOW ! Here I am thinking I'm helping a guy out by telling him jot to make the same mistakes i once made and his family is the "Gods of Graphics" :Banghead ! Feeling pretty stupid...I'll go back to sleep now....Sorry to have wasted those 10 seconds of your life reading my nonsense....but then again maybe someone else here can benefit by my time tested methods....he he he

  348. #348JNB2016-03-09 17:18

    Thanks buddy! We're doing just fine. I hope y'all are doing well too.

  349. #349HRPServicesTX2016-03-09 17:48

    Oh no worries at all lol. I appreciate the help though. I'm going to try to get the graphics on it tomorrow and will send pics when done. I hope it'll look pretty sweet lol.

  350. #350pafarmer2016-03-09 18:10

    We are hanging in there doing out best to make through another long cold winter but Spring is right around the corner are there should be more smilin face around these parts real soon... Been in the woods all winter long working out collective tails off...thank God for a honest days work for me and my guys....it's allot of pressure on one man ensuring all my guys can make a paycheck each week and have a good life for themselves and their families...so in short, I not going to complain....

  351. #351Ivan012016-04-18 18:09
  352. #352PopArcher2016-04-26 09:20
  353. #353HillBoy2016-05-26 18:28

    Toomuchmachine, how are these tires working for you? We're back on the market for solids and want to see what people have experienced... any recommendations are welcome!

  354. #354HRPServicesTX2016-05-27 19:06

    Here's some more pics of mine. The one loaded we were headed to a building/fence job.

  355. #355Todd v.2016-05-27 19:44

    I need to take some stickers off my machine.... Lookin good