Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL10 Review requested

farmerfredwoods ยท 2013-12-12 09:27

I'm considering buying a TL10 and was wondering what people were saying about this machine. Do anyone have a particular reason to recommend or not recommend it? I currently have and older TL150 and as a general statement really like the Takeuchi brand. I am considering trading to a TL10 to get a cab with heat and air. I also want the pressure relieving system that they have on their auxiliary hydraulics . The TL10 is close in size to what I am used to with the TL150 I currently have. The TL10 I am looking at purchasing is a 2012 with 500 hours on it. I guess the question is... What kind of reputation does the TL 10 have. I would greatly appreciate anyone's experience with this model. Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1KSSS2013-12-12 20:09

    I think that that the TL10 has less hp and torque than did the TL150. Depending on how hard you work your machine you may or may not notice the reduction in power.

  2. #2Goose2013-12-12 21:34

    The TL12 is the replacement for the TL150/250. The TL10 replaces the TL140/240.

  3. #3farmerfredwoods2013-12-15 18:04

    Thanks to all for your response. I am aware of the difference in size. I was hoping to hear what positive or negative experience anyone might have had with these new models?

  4. #4Tags2013-12-16 14:57

    I have a friend that has had one for a year or so and he has been very happy with it. He likes that it has a dual set of aux hydraulic lines so he can run a tilt tach and a 4n1 bucket. If you like your Tak now I would think you'd like a newer one with a cab even more. I know you are aware of the difference in size, but isn't it going to be hard to step down a size class in machines or do you not necessarily need a machine as big as the 150?

  5. #5farmerfredwoods2013-12-17 18:39

    I like the size and power of the TL150 that I have . However, I view going to a TL10 as dropping only about " half a size" since the TL10 is bigger than the TL140 that it replaces. As to your friend having two outlets on his, that is a nice option. The unit I'm looking at does not have the extra outlet. Not sure what that would cost to add.

  6. #6Tags2013-12-17 19:44

    I do know that his machine has all the options, dual aux, high flow, hyd quick attach, cab w/ heat & ac, and radio. I know that when I was pricing machines this summer the TL10 was a couple grand more than the Kubota SVL90, and the 10 specs out smaller than the 90. Plus the financing was better from Kubota as well, not sure about that now though...

  7. #7farmerfredwoods2013-12-17 22:01

    May I ask what you were quoted for a new TL10? I will review the SVL90. Our local dealer only had a smaller unit in stock when I previously looked at Kubota

  8. #8HRPLandServices2013-12-17 22:47

    We got our pre emission svl90 cab, hydraulic quick attach, hi flow, everything but the air ride seat, and radio. Has been a great machine, very stout, pushes like crazy. Built from the ground up, as they do not have wheeled machines. Didn't just throw tracks under it.

  9. #9Chass2013-12-18 00:03

    Thats good know I have had Kubota tractors and loved them I am thinking of a skid steer, I do love my posi RC30 as well

  10. #10HRPLandServices2013-12-18 23:41

    I think I remember seeing traction force #s on the svl 90 very close to the numbers tak rated for thier big machine. Closer than any other manufacturer I looked at. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that's what I saw. Not many manufacturers listed that # when I was researching.

  11. #11farmerfredwoods2013-12-19 21:40

    Does anyone out there actually own a TL10? Do you like it. Any pros or cons?