We just got this Handy Attachments HSSG 24 stump grinder. I have the wiring harness on order from skid steer genius. The unit has 2 hydraulic lines. We hooked up the hydraulic lines and when actuated the grinder rotates backwards. Uh, okay...so, being very clever we switched the two lines around and it still rotates backwards. ***, I say to self. Any insight or suggestions about this. It is hooked up to a CAT 299C kitty Kat.
When you say backwards what does that mean? I have used a grinder once and it was a Quick Attach brand. It spun the material back toward the machine. Does this fling it forward? Does backward mean it is spinning in the opposite direction that the teeth cut?
Opposite direction the teeth cut.
Can the teeth be taken off and rotated? Or can the wheel be removed and flipped and remounted? I tried to find this attachment on the net but did not have any luck.
I'm not familiar with that unit but I would say contact the manufacturer. Seem very odd that swapping the hoses gave the same result. I would have thought swapping the hoses would have done the trick.
Looks to be this thing. https://www.tmgindustrial.com/products/24-in-skid-steer-stump-grinder The manifold, most likely, has a one way check valve on the supply, so...when you swapped lines, you forgot to tell us that you had to use the opposite control to make it work. The two lines going to the motor on the grinder itself need swapped at the manifold.
You will have to swap the hoses around at the drive motor. I don't remember why or how it works but I do remember having the same issue and that is what the manufacturer told me to do.
I should really finish reading before answering. Heymcall has given the answer already.
I went with switching the cutter bit direction. Good so far. Thanks for the help