After 2800 hrs on my original set of Tires on my A-300 Bobcat, with about 50% rubber thread depth still left I am shopping for new tires ....... My tires on there now are getting cut all to crap ...... Went to the Bcat dealer last week and they told me that they have not been able to get tires with the BC labeled on them for about 4 mths now ????? :beatsme ...... *** ???? Apparently all BC dealers N.America wide have the same issues. :cool2 So now I'm shopping for best bang for the BUCK ! .......... Looking for 12 x 16.5 HD's .... 10 or 12 ply ..... Radial or biased ply ???? I have also looked into retreading, I liked what I saw, but, they are about $50-$100 more using my casings ....hmmmm WHAT are you guys finding works good for you ?? .........:drinkup
a freind of mine has been running Galaxy GPX hulk tires . new they have around 1 3/8" of tread and wear fairly good. http://www.warehousetireinc.com/productdetail.htm?productId=5684998&shopBy=6162&catalogId=1032 http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/gpx/galaxy-hulk-l-4-l-5/60260-164618.html
Do you suffer much with punctures..? If so have you considered Flexport tyres..? They do an equivalent for 12 x 16.5's (33 x 6 x 11). we use them on our skid-steers because the conditions are so agressive we're puncturing literally every 5 minutes using conventional tyres. They've been a godsend to us. http://www.publiquip.com/News/Caterpillar-Flexport-Tires.htm
2800 hrs on original tires! WOW, that's a lot of hours, even in snow! It must be my longer wheelbase but at 1600 hrs I'm on my 3rd set by about 150 hrs or so. That's with a 14ply beefy baby. If you can find them (BC) tires, why change after those results.
That's the BIG advantage with the "All Wheel Steer Bobcat" .... it does not tear the rubber off ... unlike the Skid to steer machines. If I could get the Bcat branded locally I would .... but as I posted before they can't get any ..... they were ~$270 ea. too .... that's why I wanna feel out what's there ? I'm guessing that I've got about ~1000 hrs with chains on all 4 plowing time in that 2800hrs total, and maybe 200hrs using the OTT grouser tracks as well. Nige : I am usually not around that much puncturing material (not saying that I havn't seen afew nails or 2 ...LOL .... but having said that a major draw back of the A-300 is they have their own rim type ..... it's not like the common 8 stud rims, that makes it an issue for fit and $$$$$$ ...Yuukkkk. xcmark : that looks like a really interesting tire, and only requires 45psi too .... with that low of pressure that is not classed as a radial is it ? ..... you never heard of what the cost was did you ?
It's not the pressure that determines if it's a radial. It's the construction of the tire.In bias, the body plies are layered diagonally.In radials, they are straight from one bead to the other. The term radial comes from radius(straight line from the center to the edge of a circle).
I didn't catch the "A", my fault, no wonder. Have you had any trouble with those steering axles? I thought that BC had a really brilliant idea with that, but I wondered how well they'd hold up to the punishment that a SS axle can get. What percentage of time do you estimate that you "steer" rather than "skid"? Isn't there a log home Co. up in your town that uses really BIG logs, like 5 or 6 logs stacked to get a 8' wall?
Yah no problem ...... Uhmm if you are asking me to jinx myself ..... well what the hey ! ... no, not so far just keep the tie rod ends and stuff well greased.... I do throw a lot of crap at my axles, with weight and just plain use ..... percentage, well the only time it's in Skid mode is when the tracks are used and if I have to spin on the spot like on top of the trailer ...so the answer would be about 99% of the time (no need to pull out the calculator guy's).... just that i've only had the tracks on twice for a total of 12 days since the machine was brand new. And yes there are a few big log home companies here that use that style of building ....... the area has been noted as Log Home Capital of N. America Tireman : The reason I asked if it was a radial type is, up until a while ago Michelin was the only one out there that offered a Radial .....I heard of another Double-Coin (chinese) and they both run really low preasures as compared to the biased ply @65psi
xcmark : that looks like a really interesting tire, and only requires 45psi too .... with that low of pressure that is not classed as a radial is it ? ..... you never heard of what the cost was did you ? here is a link from a few web pages I found , from what I recall he paid around $290 back 3~4 years ago. I also noticed the tire company that makes these is located 25 miles away from me. http://www.ovethi.dk/filarkiv/ovethi/file/ovethi_galaxy.pdf current price on Ebay $400 . I am sure there is some place cheaper http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skidsteer-T...=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item4ab61985d2
I had a set of Denman all terrains I got 800 hours on, compared to 300 hours on the factory bobcat heavy duty's (that should tell you what environment the s-250 lives in) The Denman's are a little hard to find but well worth the search in my opinion. cheaper than bobcat brand too. http://www.all-startire.com/non_directional_skid_steer_hd_tires.html alot like tire on left.
Have an A300 as well. We use the Cat flex tires have had little to no problems besides the pesky nail issues. Never have had any issues with steering components. Closing in on the 2000 hour mark. As stated had a hard time finding the OE bobcat tires as well as the bigger rim finally found a 2 pack spare rim combo from somewhere on EBAY. Set us back about $550 not with shipping...
WOW that price sounds like when I first was looking a setting up a spare ............. I just bought 2-rims from our dealer ... they were $190 ea. .... are you meaning that was $550 with some rubber ??
O no no no... Just the rims... We had cat flex's at the shop for our 252b's
New to the site, but not to the retread industry. I started capping tires in 1994, and over the years have worked in a few different shops/brands. I worked in a mom n pop shop, and we developed our own way to retread foam fill/solids while still mounted on the rim. I've been gone from this company for over 10 years now, so I don't know if they're still doing it, but figure they likely are. I miss working there, but life happens. I'm going to give the name of the company... Central Indiana Tire and Retread. Look them up if you are feeling inquisitive, but the owners are very smart people, and willing to work to improve the industry, and no business is too small or too big for them to do business with... Possibly too far though lol...