Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer Trade-in questions

brynbaily ยท 2008-11-24 15:50

I was wondering when you guys did your trade-in on skids? Do you go by years, hours or general condition? My dad wants a MTL and was thinking of trading our wheeled machine in. He just got this new one a few months ago; the thing doesn't even have 50hrs on it yet! I say put it to work for 2 years then do it or sell it personally... I guess my question is when/how would be the best time to make the swap and not totally loose your ***? :beatsme

Replies1
  1. #1HeyUvaVT2008-11-24 16:23

    you will take a bath on it if you trade it now...i would work it until at least the spring..maybe sales will be back up...right now is a HORRIBLE time to trade something in..especially if you are upside down in it (not sayin that you are) but you will take at least a 15% hit on that trade off what you paid for it