Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid steer trencher options?

cps ยท 2015-09-06 16:51

Hi All Haven't posted much on here for a while, but as there are alot of skid steer users on here I thought i'd ask the question. I have a customer looking for a trencher for his skid steer, but he has concerns about driving in reverse all the time! Is there any out there that doesn't need to travel backwards? Just looking for options and opinions at this stage! Look forward to hear your thoughts Aiden

Replies4
  1. #1bobcan2015-09-06 23:20

    I doubt that there would be/ should be, for the reason that you could Severely Stress Out the device by jamming it into some unfriendly ground _ unless the unit had sensor that knew what was going on and STOPPED the Drive System immediately!! That being said, this site is great and someone here may well have seen such a tool with cutter 'reversed' somehow, or know more 'real reasons' than mine which is based upon Mechanical Engineering background and practical Farm Knowledge I have gained, some of from mistakes too, of course.. Ha!!

  2. #2Digdeep2015-09-07 09:05

    http://www.bainterboomtrenchers.com

  3. #3PDG X2015-09-08 19:06

    This has been out for a few years. Never seen one in person and adds another level of complexity, but could be a viable option if needed. Trenching in reverse is a pita though. http://sidetool.com/products/skidsteer/sidetrencher.html

  4. #4Tags2015-09-08 19:34

    That thing looks great.....as long as there are no rocks.....not sure how it would work here in the northeast