Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid steer trenchers

bdog1234 ยท 2016-08-18 18:04

I bought a bobcat LT112 trencher as a part of a package deal of attachments. It looks to be in excellent shape but is set up for a mini skid steer. The quick attach plate is very narrow. Can I just cut this plate off on weld a full size one on? I think it will only dig 2' deep but that is fine for what I need. I would like to make it work with my full size skid but if there is some reason not to modify it I will just sell it and buy a bigger one.

Replies6
  1. #1DIYDAVE2016-08-18 21:17

    Where are you located, I'm looking for one for my ASV RC30...:cool2

  2. #2bdog12342016-08-18 21:34

    Lubbock Texas

  3. #3DIYDAVE2016-08-19 06:21

    Alas, too far away, my friend...:Banghead:Banghead

  4. #4PJ The Kid2016-08-19 08:05

    You shouldn't have any issue cutting it off and welding on a full size plate but you may want to check your pressures, not sure about pressure and flow differences between a mini and a full size.

  5. #5DIYDAVE2016-08-19 20:12

    If you are going to attach it, yes, definitely check your system, and that of the attachment, for GPM and pressure requirements...:thumbsup:thumbsup

  6. #6bdog12342016-08-20 22:27

    Well I had some busted up pallet forks and cut the plate off them and welded it on the trencher today. I looked up the specs on a mini skid steer and they are the same 3000 psi and about 12 GPM so I figure if I don't rev the engine up too high I should be fine. I dug a test trench and it worked well but there is a bit of a learning curve to get it working properly. Namely this trencher only goes 24" deep and to get that deep it is kind of tricky angling the unit properly and setting the height with the boom arms as you can't see anything. I think when I have a helper here that can watch it dig I will figure out how to set it properly.