Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid steer universal attachment

wlhequipment · 2019-11-01 16:47

Hey guys, question for you. I have a customer who wants to mount a universal on his Kioti tractor, but he's asking if any MFG out there uses a different attachment standard. He mentioned that he heard John Deere uses something different. I told him I didn't know of any MFG who said their attachment was universal, and was not indeed universal. He's worried that if he drops the bucks on a universal, he's limiting himself. I told him I wasn't 100% sure, but I'd ask. So I'm asking, do you guys know of any MFG who says their attachment is universal, and is not universal? Thanks!

Replies10
  1. #1Bumpsteer2019-11-02 00:54

    Many compact tractors mfgrs offer both their own and skid steer universal. The universal is usually an option. Google Michigan iron and equipment, they can provide whats needed. Ed

  2. #2KSSS2019-11-02 01:45

    I would contact Quick Attach in Mn.

  3. #3Tags2019-11-02 09:18

    My feeling is that the absolute standard at this point is the skid steer style hook up, your choice of buckets and attachments is virtually limitless…John Deere does use it own hook up, but I believe there aren’t as many attachments available, but could probably be built with the John Deere style quick hitch, you will find that skid steer style hook ups are more available at dealers and on craigslist if you’re looking to pick up a cheap bucket or a used attachment.

  4. #4wlhequipment2019-11-02 19:37

    Why Quick Attach? Wasn’t it Bobcat who actually designed the first universal mount? Maybe Quick Attach knows about more brands than Bobcat...

  5. #5wlhequipment2019-11-02 19:38

    Thanks for the input guys! I’ll pass that along.

  6. #6KSSS2019-11-02 20:36

    The reason for Quick Attach is they make SSL couplers for compact tractors.

  7. #7wlhequipment2019-11-02 21:11

    Ah. Well this guy’s not needing to source the plate, just wanted to know more about applicability. Thanks!

  8. #8KSSS2019-11-02 23:26

    Yep my mistake.

  9. #9hosspuller2019-11-03 00:41

    Been looking for a tractor/loader. The skid steer attachment form comes in Universal or Bobcat. There is a standard for it, known as SAE J2513. Some manufacturers have variations of it. Looks similar but dimensions vary. Be careful to measure Deere has three flavors of carriers... Universal or Bobcat, Deere, and Deere/Global. The Global is used on European machines, but is available in the US.

  10. #10wlhequipment2019-11-07 13:14

    PERFECT! Thank you. That's just what I was looking for.