Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid steer won’t move on left side

1086d ยท 2015-10-24 00:00

I have a 2008 John Deere 315 skid steer. I was turning right when I heard a ping on the left side and then I lost movement on the left side. The machine will move back and forth with the right side and the left side roles free. The parking brake works on and off as it should.i took apart the final drive on the left side and it all looks good along with chain and drive sprocket. Then I pulled out the pump for left side and it all looks good to.im out of ideas and the John Deere dealer has not heard of it either.i switched relief valves from right to left and still nothing.im completely stumped.

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-24 02:08

    Did you disassemble the actual motor? There's a stub shaft between the motor geroller and the brake/driveshaft. #6 if the picture comes out big enough to see: Could be either the male or female spline stripped on either end.

  2. #2mikebramel2015-10-24 03:08

    What is the circuit pressure with the brake on? That will tell you if the hydrostatic will generate movement. Anything past that is mechanical, such as the shaft, etc

  3. #31086d2015-10-24 10:43

    the shaft and splines in final drive all looked perfect to my knowledge. The pump looked perfect to and the way it just failed I'm thinking it almost has to be in final drive ( which looked good) or a relief valve. I'm wondering if there's a way to check pressure off both pumps to eliminate them from list of possibilities. Thanks for responding .

  4. #41086d2015-10-24 10:46

    I did disassemble the final drive shafts splines and brake discs looked good. Thanks