Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

skidder engine help

chuey ยท 2010-11-19 22:13

I am looking at buying a John Deere 440A skidder everything is in good condition and working except the motor has been pulled which is why its so cheap. But I was wondering what motor I could drop in for a fairly low price. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Justin2010-11-22 00:21

    Not to sound rude or mean but how do you know if everything is in good working condition if you cant drive it. I know that a good deal is hard to pass up but be very careful on deals like this.

  2. #2chuey2010-11-25 00:35

    it got sold anyways. but i agree the more i thought bout it the more i didnt like the idea.

  3. #3chuey2010-11-25 00:38

    has anybody used a Valby log grapple on an ag tractor? I just do land clearing and already have a tractor it would fit plus dont want to spend much right now. just wondered peoples thoughts on it were