Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skidsteer and Mini Ex Rodeo in CT

TomG · 2012-05-11 18:40

Thought some of you would be interested in this. For any of you that live in Connecticut or around CT, I wanted to let you know about a construction equipment rodeo competition that is being held at the Durham Fairgrounds in CT on May 23rd and 24th. The rodeo competition is part of a big construction trade show and career day for high school students (500-600 students expected). There is a skidsteer skills competition and an excavator skills competition both for professionals, amongst many other skills competitions. First place for each wins 50% of the entry fees and second place wins 40%. It is $25 to take part in each competition and all the money benefits the event. Also I will be there doing demonstrations on the equipment and I am the one who designed the competitions. You don’t want to miss out! For more information check out http://www.ctrodeo.com/index.html and click on “Skills competition” in the top left corner.

Replies8
  1. #1Tyler Abernethy2012-05-16 22:33

    That is awesome, wish I lived in CT. Is it more skills based, or tricks / entertainment oriented?

  2. #2TomG2012-05-16 23:34

    Its all skills, a real test of how good of an operator you are.

  3. #3Tyler Abernethy2012-05-17 15:26

    That's pretty cool man, I just checked out some of your videos, you do have skills. Are you competing, or just hosting the event?

  4. #4Tyler Abernethy2012-05-17 15:31

    Dude you really do have some awesome videos. You have so many too! Keep up the good work man. I look forward to seeing you around. - Tyler

  5. #5TomG2012-05-17 19:45

    Haha thanks man I appreciate it! I designed the challenges and will be the host for the event, and the judge.

  6. #6Tyler Abernethy2012-05-17 23:48

    You should film a little "teaser" clip to add to your youtube channel, that way you can share it with us and we can get the scoop on how the competition went! Lol, I for one would dig that - no pun intended.

  7. #7TomG2012-05-22 21:27

    All 4 machines in position and ready to go for the competitions tomorrow. Hope to see some of you here!

  8. #8lonkinggroup2012-05-23 01:56

    Skid steer loaders can do a lot of cool things. They are small but agile. Lonking also produce these beautiful machines. i think we should hold a show for skid steer loaders