Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

stump gringing

divedigger ยท 2012-05-12 00:53

We are lookimk at a stump gringed to lease or you furnish everything! Appox 100 acres populer oak beech hickore some pine and bthe normal rerbed and jusk but we haev a chip crew just getting startes that takes everything laps brush that they machine cutting but some big trees will have to have a chainsaw but the say they leave as clean as possable. Now is where I come in ,we talked about digging them out and burring and the owner thinks that will be way TO COSTLY. Next they are consedering renting a grinder on rubber juat to gring down 8 inches for pasture. The ground is rolling but deffiently not mtn land. I am in Northeast Tennessee if anyone is close enough to make it profittable, He done had a quote of 100k so thats out of the question. I wanted to dig them out and bury in some gullys but at first that was out the question but any body with experence that wants to talk serious e mail.I man said 250.00 per hr but i need to see eq and refs some people charge repair time to the clock an d I not paying someone to overhaul their on my dime! I am in the dirt business so they are a lot of tricks but if someone will grind stump and feeder roots so it is ready to drill for pasture ground email and I will call for better description! Thanks DIVEDIGGER

Replies4
  1. #1lumberjack2012-05-12 09:22

    What's his budget? Depending on how dense the trees were and their diameter, $1k an acre is pretty cheap, although it could be reasonable. If he's wanting it done for $25k, there is little point in even considering it. Fwiw, our usual hourly rate is $300/hr producing time on site. Breakdowns, breaks, etc are on us.

  2. #2divedigger2012-05-13 07:28

    Stump grinding They say that they can rent a grinder for 1 month for 27.5k .someone has to operate and maintain and its coning out of mississipppi , i guess we will see how thats going to turn out! Can you put a monkey on 1 of those grinders or does it take a operator? I am not really interested in messing with it ,first thing its a way out of town rental and probably a ragged out oil slobbering piece of junk that has to be worked on alot to keep going, anyway we will know in probably 5 or 6 weeks thanks

  3. #3lumberjack2012-05-13 10:24

    If you want anything resembling production you'll need an experienced operator. Production can easily be cut in half with a monkey. What machine are they bringing in?

  4. #4divedigger2012-05-17 20:25

    Thanks for all the help. I make my living in the dirt, so I think I will do as they say Stick with what you Know!