Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skidsteer tire chains

big builder ยท 2009-02-23 13:58

Hello everyone, I just bought a new gehl 6640 and I am looking for a set of tire chains for the 14 by 17.5 tires it has on it. Need them for the snow around here. Can anyone steer me to a spot for a good quality set. In Ontario if I can ........if not I will get them shipped. Thanks BB

Replies4
  1. #1big builder2009-02-23 15:40

    The dealer found some for $ 340. two link. Problem solved.

  2. #2emilbanks2009-02-23 18:40

    I have a Gehl 4640 Turbo and have chains on the rear tires for snow removal. Do a search on the net for tirechains.com they are out of Pennsylvania good outfit and fast delivery service and reasonable. Hope that helps

  3. #3bobcat7532009-02-24 23:49

    got mine from the local bobcat dealer, cost around $90 for the set of 2 I believe.

  4. #4brt2009-03-02 00:50

    If your local government uses chains on their snow plows ask them if you can have a set of the "worn out" ones. What may be worn out to them may get you by. I took a set of chains from an 11 x 22.5 tire on a local plow and only had to shorten them to fit my 763 (10 x 16.5 tire). Think of it as recycling to the max! And it's FREE!