Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aftermarket over tire tracks

big builder ยท 2009-02-23 15:42

Hello, Iam interested in putting steel over the tire tracks on my new gehl 6640 and I was looking for some input from you guys about your experience before. I have found several places online to purchase but I want to make sure I have all the facts first. Thanks again.

Replies6
  1. #1tripletree2009-02-23 18:08

    mclaren I bought a set of mclaren tracks for our cat 252 they took a few hours to put on and set up but they seem to be working real well. have not had to go out and adjust them at all and they are not showing any signs of wear yet. We only have had them on for about 3 months but so far so good.

  2. #2td25c2009-02-23 18:18

    I run the "gouser" brand on my 8875 john deere.They run along time and add alot of traction to the machien.I dont like to run the track's extremly tight,I think it's hard on the inner chain&final drive.The track's will turn your skid loader in to a bulldozer,but be careful about doing heavy grubbing on tree stumps and such,as you dont have the heavy final drive of a dozer.I run them year around.

  3. #3td25c2009-02-23 18:27

    Sorry,I ment "grouser" .

  4. #4big builder2009-02-23 21:20

    25C, How many hours do you have on your grouser tracks? I am curious on their lifespan.

  5. #5td25c2009-02-23 21:57

    Around 3500 , give or take.My grouser bars are in good shape.The bushings have alot of where.I need to look in to replacing my bolts&bushings.

  6. #6lgammon2009-02-24 23:58

    i have a set that i ran on my 236 with about 750 hours on them. best investment that i made with a skid loader. they are for sell if you need some they fit 12 wide tires. although i know you are pretty far off