Homemade skid steer winch. Winch is a 8-9,000 lb winch off a garbage truck. Broke the 7/16" cable 3 times. So upgraded to 1/2 ". Legs are extendable and turned over if needed to get better traction. Old cutting edge off road grader cut in half. Removable screen. All construction was supervised by my dog Nico
skidrowe, nice looking job, that is a handy setup you have!
Nice build! I've been wanting to do a similar setup I have an old Ramsey hyd winch off the upper deck of a roll back truck, in my checking it seems that most winches are in the 10gpm or less range. Does your hyd. flow seem high for the winch? (does the winch scream)?
Nice job. I assume you did all the fab work? I'm realizing that I need to learn to weld. Ken
really good design. Smarter use of protective screen than the ones I've seen available commercially. I was thinking with those stabilizers, you could add a gin pole to help lifting things.
that machine is 18-20gpm @ 3300-3500 psi. methinks thats a bit much for a winch of that size. i'd think more like under 10gpm @ 2000psi would be more like it. :drinkup
Thats pretty cool skidrowe.I see Nico payed close attention to details on the project like the position of the winch & fairlead,winch brake,outriggers,and safety shield.Job well done! We built a similiar unit few years back,they sure come in handy at times.I still need to make a safety shield for mine.
Nicely done. I really like that set up. I am going to build one now that you have inspired me....I really like the safety measures you took to ensure operator safety.
I like it. Looks like a clean build.
The only thing I would add is a step and hand grab on either side to make it safer to get into the machine. ISZ