Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skycar carcasses anyone?

Hallback · 2018-01-11 23:01

I am looking for one or two skycar carcasses for a project. Just the shell & sheaves is all we need.

Replies4
  1. #1Diamond Danebo2018-09-12 05:46

    I’d imagine you have tried cascade trader ? Seems like they had a few old danebos laying around.

  2. #2spitzair2018-09-15 13:59

    There was one at Sayward, BC when I was there about 10 years ago, it looked like it was part of a logging iron collection on display so they might still have it but likely won't want to part with it. It looked pretty complete too. I can try to dig up some pictures of it if you would like to see them.

  3. #3spitzair2018-09-16 23:11

    Here's the pictures of the unit I found. At the time I had absolutely no clue what it was.

  4. #4Diamond Danebo2018-09-17 00:59

    wow ive only seen pictures of that thing in books. it rode on 2- 2 1/4" skyline and the operator lowered the dropline to the rigging crew. it was the first man operated skycar. yikes not my first choice for a job !