Hey guys, Just purchased a Skyjack scissor lift not too long ago. Its pretty old, I believe it's a 3219 model. I'm having an issue with it while driving. Originally it would have intermittent issues where it would drive forward very slowly with the lift raised. The pump would sound normal, like it's not under a load, and it would drive forward slowly and sometimes stop. Rocking the machine forward/back would help it along. Driving in reverse appeared to be normal; slower than with the lift lowered, but I believe that's by design. It lifts just fine, actually quite fast compared to the JLG lifts I have ran and steering works properly as well. The hydraulic fluid is mostly full on the sight glass with the lift lowered and about 1/4 full with the lift raised. Now I'm having issues with the lift doing this exact thing but with the lift lowered. It's intermittent, but once it starts doing it, it'll do it for the rest of the day. When driving forward, it's very slow and the speed is erratic. Almost feels like there's air in the lines because it'll "catch and go". The pump sounds the exact same when the lift drives normally or when it starts acting up. Once it starts acting up, it'll stop the lift when you go to steer it. The relief valve is closed and batteries tested fine. Doesn't make a difference if they're freshly charged or not. I have a hard time believing it's the pump because the steering/lift work just fine. I also find it hard to think it's the wheel motors going out unless one failing would cause this? Doesn't feel like there's anything hanging up/dragging. Any suggestions? Thanks!
No replies yet.