Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

skyjack 3219 will not drive when fully extended

Joetino1978 ยท 2022-07-08 19:35

Have the skyjack 3219 that was working fully elevated, I brought it down to move to another location a few feet away, fully elevated it again to move and it wouldn't move. I thought it was from a low battery. I plugged it in overnight to get a full charge, and tested it in the morning. I am able to drive it at ground level and extend it, but it still will not move when fully elevated. What is the problem? I also checked to make sure the pothole protectors were both down and they were, that is as far as I got with troubleshooting.

Replies3
  1. #1BigWrench552022-07-08 21:49

    There are limit switches on each pothole protector. Check that each one is working and the wires are intact. They are simple normally open or normally closed switches (on/off).

  2. #2BigWrench552022-07-08 21:50

    Welcome to HEF by the way. Good to see another Texan join the group.

  3. #3Joetino19782022-07-09 04:54

    Thanks for the information, and the welcome!