Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Troubleshoot D5 XL issues

Donald Waugh · 2022-07-10 12:37

Run my D5 XL dozer about 15 minutes runs just fine full power, then it will bog down and loose it’s power. Turn off for 10 minutes start back up where power is restored but 15 minutes later power is lost again.

Replies5
  1. #1BigWrench552022-07-10 13:25

    Welcome to the forum. Have you checked the fuel filters and fuel flow? One of the cat gurus will be along soon and will want a serial number. Post your serial number and then they can help you further.

  2. #2Adam Walden2022-07-10 14:02

    What engine is in he d5? What kind of fuel system, need more information please, also what does the smoke look like that's coming out of the stack?

  3. #3CM19952022-07-10 18:19

    Welcome to the Forums DW! X2 on post a serial number. When was the last time the machine was calibrated? Meaning a Cat laptop was hooked up to it and calibrated back to factory specs?

  4. #4Donald Waugh2022-07-10 22:31

    I will post the serial number in the morning I live a lil ways from my equipment yard, I know I need to get it calibrated it’s been over a year

  5. #5Nige2022-07-11 06:38

    A few questions, other than the obvious Serial Number one that has already been asked. When was the last time the fuel filters were changed.? When was the last time the fuel tank was drained to remove any accumulated water and dirt.?