Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skytark 7038 transmission issue and hydraulic oil type

Milwaukee1 ยท 2016-04-22 00:11

Hi everybody I just bought skytrak 7038 from Hardcore pawn on show. What I know it was sat for 8 years. Right now I got running. But for some reason there 2 shifters. 1 for front axle and 1 for rear axle. shifter for rear axle are STUCK wouldn't move it use cable. I check fluid it was bright red NO burn which is amazingly but after running I notice it longer to go in Forward from Reverse maybe 5 second delay but if I shift to Reverse again then forward it shift okay but I'm concerned. Now I check fluid it was definilty overfill and it kinda pink which is water. So I want to change trans fluid but after look on internet it said it use tractor hydraulic but this one is RED fluid not yellow/gold color. What kind transmission fluid it use I can't find info expect 1 person said F type fluid but I don't want screw up my transmission. I couldn't read transmission filter it so fade out with grease on it. Wonder if there # for that? What kind hydraulic oil btw it had 55 gallons so It really expensive what cheap out there? Thank

Replies2
  1. #1pajibson2016-04-22 12:59

    Best price I've found in the area on Hyd oil is at Sam's club for AW46.TSC is pretty cheap too. Skytrak manuals are downloadable from JLG's website.

  2. #2milwaukee2016-07-15 19:33

    I got 65 gallons of AW46 at tractor supply got bulk discount $30. okay new issues I have is rear axle no power from transmission and no steering they weak. I noticed why rear axle wasn't work because of sezied shifter so I got that freely then tried shift nothing work but Front axle work it seem hesitance to shift. Anyone know what wrong with it had FUNK transmission shuttle shift.