Hi I am a small subcontract framer and i have a 6042 skytrac 2005 that I could use some advice on regarding the frame levelers .The front piston works but the rear is not moving like the stabil trac syst is locked but could not tell if the piston was getting pressure to it or not. Is there anything a novice can do to check things out ....I have not checked anything yet that i can relay.Just wondering if anyone else has had such problem.Thanks in advance for any help Pell
hi i was having a day yesterday and i did not have the time to check things out when i did i had a short and blew the fuse which locked the stabil trac system up so the front piston would move but not the back.....thought that might be the case
First, go to the JLG web site and download the appropriate service manuals for your serial number. Second, find the section that tells you which of the stability cylinder solenoids should be powered under a certain set of circumstances. Systematically go through the various scenarios and note if there is a discrepancy. What I do to check if a solenoid is on is lightly tap a small screwdriver on the end of the magnet - if it is on you will feel it. It is usually an electrical issue. If everything works electronically then you have hydraulic issues. To properly diagnose the system you will need a pressure gage and adapters. ISZ
Thank you isz that was quite informative and will help me Pell
For what it is worth the levelers kept locking up and I would put a fuse in because of lack if time.Then I had the machine off and key on put a fuse in and jiggled some wires and heard a crackling sound then went to the area and found the sheath worn away and shorting against the metal back where the bundle feeds forward from engine / rear leveler area and fixed it and it has been good ever since (fingers crossed) Pell
Do yourself a favor and pick an old garden hose out of a neighbors trash. Cut it into 4" pieces and slit the pieces lengthwise. EVERY place the wire harness comes into contact with the engine, frame or hydraulic hoses, split the pieces open and fit them over the wires, slide the hose to insulate the wires from any object it may rub against. Hold into place with a zip tie. This also works with hydraulic hoses that rub the frame or against other hoses. Do that on all your machines. Good Luck.
Thanks aero thats good advice I have protected what I could but the hose is a great idea,Have a great day Pell