Hey guys, I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and I just inherited some equipment to work with, no problems so far exept with this particular MMV that likes to jump into crab mode when least expected. Any ideas why she would do that?...I thought about replacing the switch, but being deployed, kinda makes things difficult about getting parts...I apreciate any help i can get
I feel ya Brother, getn parts for civ stuff over there was a cast iron B**ch. Could try hard wiring into the steering mode you want. Bypass the switch so to speak. That'll tell you if its the switch or not. I'd take a good look at all the wiring harness underneath. Those get chewed up and chances are you just have something under there. If you send me the model and serial # I can do a little Research for you. Do you have the TM's? SFC Phillip Jibson E 3/238th GSAB
It's a JLG Skytrack, The serial number is MV1137...and yeah we have one TM where i can get my parts numbers and some troubleshooting, but not much after that
Okay, trouble with military machines vs is CIV ones is we spec them out differently. 12v vs 24v etc. Not too familiar with the MMV (since I'm Army not Marine) but it looks alot like its a 3606 on steroids. I havent been able to find anythign in LOTTIS (joint army/marine maintenance info site) or LIW. I can send you the service manuals that I have for the 3606 machines. Hopefully the wiring & hydraulic systems are similar just a little more robust. The steer select solenoids/valves should be on the back side of the tank just under the hood. Look at them from underneath and make sure the wiring to the 2 solenoids is good. Where are you at in the stan?
Alright I posted a thread on a military version of this forum trying to get someone with a little more experience on MMV's to jump on here and help out too.
I will check the solenoids, but i would really appreciate those TM's if have them handy (digital?) We're in camp Bastion right now, Helmand Province
I really appreciate your help by the way
Not a problem PM me your email address and I'll send them to you. I'm going to stop by 24th marines motor pool today too and see if the gunny there can get me the actual TM's for the MMV too.
Update: If you join Themotorpool.org with your .mil email address one of the members has uploaded the operator and the parts manual on there for you. It is a forum similar to this one for military members. I have downloaded them to email to you if your network restrictions @ bastion prevent you from getting them. Still working on trying to find the service manual.
CBarahona78; All 3 of the maintenance manuals are uploaded to "the motor pool" now. The maintenance manual is too big to email so thats the easiest way for me to get it to you. Let me know if theres anything else I can do to help.