Hi folks, I'm running out to a 3606 today to try to get it going. Customer states its hydraulics all quit working, and it's done this before but he can't remember the remedy. I'm going to make sure there are no idiot lights on, then check for pilot pressure. I assume I'll find my 500 psi. My gut is telling me the problem is electrical, but that doesn't make sense. My manual shows that's a pilot machine. The hydraulic schematic doesn't show any solenoid control in the boom circuit, as far as I can see. In other words, if that pump is running and you hit the joystick, that boom function moves. No seat safety switch, no nothing. Is that correct? If that's true, then my problem can't be electrical it has to be hydraulic. Maybe I won't find my 500. Then it points to a mechanical failure of the pump / shaft (or low hydraulic fluid... maybe I'll check that first hah). If pilot's not there I got a broken shaft somewhere. If pilot is there and I still got no movement...I got a bad cartridge in the main control block or a bad main pump?
No replies yet.