Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Slashbuster DM HD 480B

Allen Taylor ยท 2022-08-23 13:16

Have a slashbuster dm hd 480b that I'm thinking about selling but having hard time coming up with price since there aren't many for sale online. Only thing I know it needs is a set of teeth. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies11
  1. #1Hallback2022-08-23 22:26

    Those were built about 8 miles from me. They don't do much at their shop anymore and I don't think they're building any new units at all.

  2. #2John C.2022-08-23 22:40

    What does it weigh?

  3. #3Allen Taylor2022-08-23 22:56

    I'd guess 5000-6000#

  4. #4John C.2022-08-24 00:16

    That's probably a good price to start with.

  5. #5Mike L2022-08-24 19:30

    What does that do?

  6. #6John C.2022-08-24 19:57

    It's a disk mulcher. It busts up everything and throws it 300 feet into anything that has any value at all.

  7. #7Hallback2022-08-25 06:43

    Think feller buncher gone wild.

  8. #8DDoug2022-08-25 09:04

    Are those teeth industry standard or specific to the OEM ? Looks like EBAY is the place to list this machine.

  9. #9excavator2022-08-25 10:48

    D&M Slashbuster, I haven't checked their website lately but they had some pretty impressive videos several years ago. Asplundh Tree service used to run some for power line maintenance, the biggest problem I saw was keeping the carrier engine/hydraulics cool. They did not run an auxiliary power plant, ran everything off the excavator hydraulics with no additional cooling added.

  10. #10DDoug2022-08-25 11:31

    Videos of Slashbuster Applications, 2 of 2 W-O-W ! I would have never dreamed of using the thrash-a-matic for House & car demo ....

  11. #11Hallback2025-02-16 22:46

    If anybody is interested in Slashbuster equipment, parts or service please reach out as new heads will resume production in the next 30 days.