Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Slew lock

tiprat · 2023-06-05 19:07

Hi all I've just picked up a kobelco 135sr excavator it has the hydrolic pump removed from it as it needs a new one .. the machine is sitting 90° to the tracks so it's too wide to float on the road with out having 2 pilot vehicles .. I need to slue the machine straight to the tracks to float the machine back to the shed but the slue is locked .. any ideas on how to unlock the slue so I can get it straight so I can get it onto a tilt tray truck ? any help would much appreciated..

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952023-06-05 19:32

    Welcome to the Forums TR! Glad to have you. I am of no help since I've only ran a Kobelco a handful of times much less work on them. However we do have many other knowledgable members here on HEF. Best of Luck!

  2. #2tiprat2023-06-05 23:08

    Cheers mate yeah I've got a vio 55 yanmar digger and a 590 bobcat .. and never had anything to do with kobelco... it's a bit rough around the edges but I'm hopping with a new hydrolic pump and a bit of TLC I will have myself a bigger machine to get these bigger jobs done .. so hopefully some one has a bit of knowledge about them because I'm realy stuck with this one ..

  3. #3uffex2023-06-06 05:55

    Good day See attached. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Tony Wells2023-06-07 00:01

    Is this a case of a brake that can be released by applying a bit of pressure on the small line just beneath the swing motor? If so, then dropping the motor hoses will allow the cab to be swung around freely. Had an sk160 set up that way once.