Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Slip-on forks for my Case 580K

DualsportWA ยท 2015-03-04 13:50

Hi all- I found some slip on forks on ebay that I'm considering buying for my Case 580K (has standard 1 yard bucket). I'm wondering if 48" long forks and 48" tall would be the correct size (I am not nearby the backhoe right now to measure bucket ). These are rated at 4000lb, and come with 2" bar, and four hooks. $585 delivered, seems like a good price. Thoughts?

Replies6
  1. #1DualsportWA2015-03-05 10:06

    I was a tad concerned that at 48" high, these may be too tall (hang down too low below bucket) - but now that I've thought about it more, that wouldn't be a problem because taller forks would have more log carrying capacity, pipe etc (as long as you leave enough safety buffer so that they don't roll back on you and kill you ). Does 4000lb capacity sound right for this setup? Anyone purchased Titan brand attachments like this? Thanks, Gavin

  2. #2DualsportWA2015-04-24 16:16

    Anyone? The forks on these are only 3" wide- wondering how that compares to other offerings... (4" would feel better to me)

  3. #3Delmer2015-04-24 21:36

    I wouldn't worry about the 3" width, they're 1 1/2" thick. Should work fine. I've never seen titan brand so I can't comment there. I was worried when you said slip on forks, but these are over the bucket, much better choice.

  4. #4tloft2015-04-25 09:40

    Good morning Dualsport .. any chance you have a link for those particular forks?

  5. #5Delmer2015-04-25 10:50

    http://www.titandistributorsinc.com/default/titan-attachments/bucket-forks.html I assume this is what he's talking about.

  6. #6nilzlofgren2015-05-05 20:34

    Ive had a pair of 48" over the bucket forks on my 580K for about 15 years now. Their the best attachment purchase Ive made. I had the hooks welded on, so I could have the forks at their widest, and their most narrow, so they can touch each other at the center of the bucket.