Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

slow hydraulics and a little chattering when using the backhoe.

Nicos ยท 2025-08-10 20:52

Good evening, was operating my 2016 JD 310SL today and after using the Front End Loader all morning i had to use the loader later. the machine was used for about 6 hours before moving to the back hoe . I found that the backhoe was slow to respond and there was a little chattering. Has anyone experienced this and if so would really appreciate some feed back. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-08-10 23:03

    Is your hydraulic oil reservoir full and when was the filter last changed? If so sounds like you aren't getting full flow to the backhoe hydraulics. Might to have measure flow and/or pressure to the backhoe valve. May a hose is collapsing??

  2. #2Diesel Dave2025-08-11 09:18

    @Nicos , whats the machine serial # ?

  3. #3Nicos2025-08-12 23:37

    Thank You to both Welder Dave and Diesel Dave. The hydraulic reservoir is full. I did overfill a little bit a couple months back. I will be changing the hydraulic filter once I get back home as left for vacation. The serial # is 1TO310SLAFD289601.