Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Slow left hand track, forwards and back

keith915 ยท 2010-11-21 13:51

Hi guys, I've got a Komatsu PC15 (2.5 tonne) got a slow track/motor on the left hand side. I'm fairly new to the world of mini diggers, but just trying to find out possible causes. I've taken the foot plate off and can see all the valves operating via solid push rod levers. After that I'm pretty clueless to be honest. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1mrfixitpaul2010-11-21 18:12

    Check that the tracks aren't too tight.

  2. #2erik17272011-09-03 00:52

    change hose on pump; see if the probleme goes to other track; if so pump is fulty; i ad to rebuilt mine

  3. #3Anto Modded2011-09-03 18:18

    As said check the tension on the track that its not too tight. Also when you look at the valves that operate the tracking, does the one thats slow go the same distance as the one that is working fine. Other thing i recall on a friends mini digger, it had 3 pumps on it i think and he replaced them twice in one year later to find out that the problem was a valve near the pump was the issue............... Take your time and trace from the tracking leaver back to the tracking motor

  4. #4hrc200x2011-09-18 11:29

    I had a simlar problem on a '05 cat 305cr. It ended up being that while I was traveling with the hand levers my left foot was just barely resting on the foot peddle for operating a thumb (machine didn't have a thumb at the time) The peddle had a lock on it and was locked, but had just enough play in it to engauge the hydraulics slowing the machine way down. I could hear the engine being drug way down and working hard. I thought it was something in the hi/lo travel speed button because everytime I messed with it that seemed to help, well actually what I was doing was lifting my foot off the thumb peddle to the travel speed button...fixing the problem temporarly. Hope its somthing simple for you. I also discovered in the troubleshooting stages that while the problem was happening during travel if I operated say the bucket back and forth the problem would go away, which hinted at the fact the travel motor its self was ok.

  5. #5Ronsii2011-09-18 12:18

    We had a similar problem with a case 36cxb, the left track was going slower and slower every week you could not track straight even while barely applying the right track come to find out one day while tracking it by hand that if you hold the levers tight together the left track would speed up... the bushings in the left foot pedal pivot wears out and no matter how hard you stand on it will not apply power to the track(unless you hold the top of the lever to the right also ie. tie a small bungie cord to it and the other end to the rops - just to keep a little tension on it to the right ). Not sure if komatsu is made the same or not but check for play side to side in the levers while moving them forward or back if this makes a difference in track speed. Funny thing is only the left lever was doing this...Machine only had 2500 hrs on it.

  6. #6nblackley2014-07-14 00:23

    cat 305cr slow travel speed Has anyone found a solution for the slow travel speed on the cat 305cr? I just bought a used machine and the travel speed started moving slowly. After having a thumb installed, it started working again. A couple weeks later the thumb cylinder bent from not having a relief valve. When the thumb was put back on it started moving slow again. I pulled some of the valve hoses off and check as many things as I could come up with. As said before, if you move the bucket or arm it will travel at normal speed as long as one or the other is in motion. I have spent so much money on this machine, I am just hoping it is something simple. Thanks in advance

  7. #7Cat.man2020-05-23 16:12

    Did anyone figure out the slow track problem on cat 305cr?