Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Slow moving signs on trucks

FarmerDave ยท 2007-11-11 17:10

I was wondering if it would be legal to put a slow moving vehical sign on a grain truck and drive it on the road, with out a safty, e-test but still have insurance if you get in an accedent. Im In Ontario Canada if it helps

Replies6
  1. #1Countryboy2007-11-12 19:35

    Welcome to HEF FarmerDave! :drinkup

  2. #2FarmerDave2007-11-12 20:16

    Thanks

  3. #306bowtie_guy2007-11-12 22:07

    Hey is this FarmerDave the same as on Dieselplace.com and Plowsite.com?? Welcome to the site. :drinkup

  4. #4digger242j2007-11-12 23:33

    That's a question probably best answered by somebody in your own locality. I know that here in PA, the rules for "farm vehicles" are different than they are for an identical vehicle with a regular registration. For instance, you don't need a CDL to operate a "farm vehicle", but that exemption is very specific: Obviously, in your locality, things may be different.

  5. #5FarmerDave2007-11-13 16:38

    Thanks Digger, thers alot of diffrent ideas on this topic around here but I was wondering If anyone knew on here, I imagine it will be close to that around heretoo though. 06bowtie_guy-I dont think Im on those two forums but Im on the redpower magazine's forum as Dave Hughes, Dave7060 on the diesel garage and hanks truck forum.

  6. #6thejdman042007-11-13 20:08

    I dont think you can esp if it move over 20mph here in the states