I have a 2006 ASV SR80 which is pretty slow to respond to drive inputs. This gets worse as the temperature drops. I haven't tested the pilot pressure yet, but the loader controls work fine, so I'm guessing that's not the issue. I've read a few places (including this forum) about there being problems with the resolver block on the bottom of the Rexroth joysticks used during this era. My question is whether anyone has any documentation of the problem (from Cat or ASV). A TSB or something like that. I see that the replacement stick has an updated part number. Just curious whether it was a recall, known issue, whatever before I spend the $650 on a new joystick. Thanks, Andy
If you have a Cat Part Number it’s easy to take a look. Without one it’s difficult.
Thanks. I have ASV part numbers, which probably aren't useful, but I'll post them anyway. Original: 2045-343 Updated: 2046-328 I haven't pulled the stick out yet, but am hoping when I do it will have a Cat part number, or a Rexroth number that can maybe be crossed. I appreciate the reply, Andy
Any update to this post.....did you find the Cat part #'s
Pretend that I don't know anything about ASV machines, but, I'd have to guess that one of the 3 filters in the image below is a pilot filter.
Good place to start before firing the parts cannon. Simon C
I was looking for the pilot valve fittings to see if they called for 5 & 1 on the adapter fittings. Typically, that would indicate a pilot handle inlet screen. I've found them on some Komatsu mini excavators, chasing the same, sluggish controls. But, alas, all 6 fittings show same part number.
I believe you are correct. One between the main pump and the charge pump, one between the lift arm control valve and the tank, and one in the case drain line. The machine behaves normally in warmer weather, which makes me think the filter is probably not at fault. However, I need to change the filters and fluid a couple times before trying to diagnose further. According to a tech at ASV, the issue with slow resolver blocks in the drive joystick was confined to the RC series, and would not have effected my SR. His first guess regarding my problem was that someone put the incorrect hydraulic fluid in it, which would not surprise me at all.
I did not. The joysticks only have ASV numbers on them. However, ASV says the slow resolver block problem wouldn't have applied to my machine anyway.
When I get back home I will see if our RC50 has any Cat part numbers. One of the joysticks (right side) shows a embossed Cat logo