I didn't want to hi-jack ATCOEQUIP's Komatsu thread, but I have a ? I was researching small ADT's today, like in the 10 ton range or around 7 yards, looking for a small off-road capable dump truck for moving small amounts of material on-site here. (from pit to forestry roads, etc.). Before I saw the Komatsu CD110R in ATCO's thread, I found the wheeled HYDREMA 912D and the JCB 714. Are there any other choices (preferably wheeled, but tracked ok) in this range, that have any kind of dealer network in Canada or the States? I don't think Cat offers any do they? Anyone have any experience with any of these? And no, I'm not interested in a loader to carry material, although they can make sense in certain apps. Thanks.
Hello paystar. Don't know much about wheeled dump vehicles, can't help you much there, but a rubber track crawler dumper might suit your needs, Morooka and IHI come to mind. Have you considered one of them? Here's a link to an MST-800 http://alaskaexcavators.com/MST-800VD.pdf
Depends on your situation, in muddy conditions on a hill a tracked dumper will be superior to a wheeled machine but on level ground in normal conditions a wheeled machine may be faster.
Thanks for the suggestions. ATCOEQUIP, I didn't see them but I will look into them. I just did google searches for combinations of: all terrain/articulated/compact dump trucks and only came up with a couple brands and most were in Europe. As Hendrik said, a tracked machine would offer superior traction on the hills, but I figure a wheeled machine will be less maintenence, plus it will be used to improve the trailways behind a mulcher, so it will be running on better road bed as it hauls material in. Thanks again.
what about an army dumper?
I was thinking about that too Stump Jumper, I follow the auctions and they are starting to have some of the 10 ton 6 wheel drive tactical dumps come up for auction. Most have Cat engine and power shift trans, some also have Cummins/ Allison drive. Not sure what the Canadian forces have or what it takes to get a US truck over the border. One big advantage is that you don't have to haul it, just drive to where you need it. Low mileage trucks have been going for less then $15,000. They also have capability of dropping tire pressure for soft or slick going then bring pressure backup.
Another good suggestion. A good all wheel drive army truck would be a hell of a lot cheaper too. :drinkup That's what I'm looking for.....something matched to a compact track loader for loading, but with more capacity than a utv or a toolcat. But not something so big that I need a full blown highway through my bush.
Take a look at a Terex/Thwaites or an Ausa Dumper. They are articulated but the bed is in front of you.
I'm really suprised that no one else makes a 9-12 ton 2 axle adt like the hydrema. Here is some dumps to look at. Everything except the Wacker is tracked. The Terex and Wacker are more site dumper than mini-adt's; you ride with the bed in front of you and they have top speed somewhere around 12mph. As for surplus trucks you want to look at the M929/M930 (M930 has winch) or M817. They have low-side dumpbeds, so even with big rubber a ctl can comfortable load them. The best place to pick up info on surplus trucks is www.steelsoldiers.com . Wacker Neuson IHI Yanmar ASV Scout-only 4 ton payload
Three way tipper.
We have a fleet of JCB 718s for rental. We have no problems whatsoever with them. Very basic machine. Cummins powered. The 714s are even more simple. The 718s have air suspension on the front axles, where the 714s don't. We tried Marookas for awhile. The 718s have lower ground pressure than 25/30 ton trucks, and the Marookas are much lower. Problem was that the Marookas maintenance cost were very high. Wajax is one of the JCB dealers in Ontario.
we have a pair on 912 hydremas and they are a great little truck, no problems with parts, easy to service and I can tell you from experience they will push threw mud as deep as the front bumper, very low ground pressure and get one with the swivel body, you will be pleased with it and all the things you can find to do with it.