small "Bobcat" articulated wheel loaders: hi I noticed in some article on the net that bobcat produces or has produced with its brand and its livery small articulated wheel loaders similar to the Italian Venieri or palazzani, similar to the Atlas, why they have never expanded their market to this type and tonnage of machinery, I do not think there is much market, strange that they do not produce backhoe, they are very versatile machines both on construction sites and on farms farms and forest works, even manitou told me that it makes small earthmoving machinery more suitable for agricultural use, you know nothing , thank you Bobcat compact wheel loader -------------------------------------------------------------------------- https://www.manitou.com/en-TD/our-machines/articulated-loaders https://www.manitou.com/en-AL/our-machines/compact-loaders
Bobcat made a wheel loader back in the '80's as well.
thanks for the clarification, they are not common machines in my part.
Kubota makes them too. Was wondering about trading my svl75 in for a r640. 11000lb machine. I just use the svl around the farm, sometimes do some work for my builders like backfilling the lines I dug or graveling a slab. But mostly its just for small stuff around the farm. Problem is it tears the yard up and my gravel driveway. Kubota just re-did the cabs on the wheel loaders, look nice. But the svl is great for grading around the cows, you can really see the bucket edge and cut great swells. Tough decision.
thanks for your valuable intervention.
I have an SVL 90–2 and a Kubota R630 wheel loader, if there’s any mud at all or it’s slightly slick you can forget about using the small wheel loader for anything productive, the track loader around your farm is probably the way to go.
Waldon are popular in certain markets: Compact / Industrial loaders and forklifts • Waldon Equipment
The Manitou looks to be telescoping so not an apples to apples comparison. Bobcat had 1600 and 2400 models of articulated loaders but they only lasted a few years at most. The new one you posted is bigger and looks like a nice machine.
Good machine, I like it!
I own one. Traded our Versahandler for it. So far we like it a lot. I'm able to unload 5600 lb stacks of retaining wall blocks on and off our deckover trailer with it, though that does feel like the limit. Works well when paired with a 5-10ton mini ex when working on asphalt/concrete. Lifts high enough to load our triaxle, though I do wish it lifted about 6" higher. Reach is at mid height is quite phenomenal. The buckets leave a bit to be desired, and I wish it had a return to dig function...can't have everything though.
We are specialized in making mechanical parts, you can contact me if you need! and my website: https://www.mdccv.com