Who, other than Leeboy, makes a smaller scale grader? thanks Dt
Small grader Fiat Allis used to make a nice little grader and I think Champion made a small one for awhile. I believe Puckett Bros Mfg. from Georgia and Huber Mfg. of Ohio both used to make little graders. Ironically, I was just looking for info on a DoMor grader/tractor, originally built in Northern Michigan. Type "DoMor" into the HES search and you should find info on them. They are pretty neat rigs, very-very versitile. I ended up finding a company called Chief was still making them in Michigan. Give them a call for info 231-889-6161 maybe they'll send you info. I hope this helps ....:usa
Volvo has one I think the G80.
http://www.lasergrader.com/index.html Did John Deere ever make a small grader? I saw one once that didn't have a name or serial#/nameplate on it but I could swear it was built by Deere. Dt
Champion graders is still around and they have a rep that frequents the forum. I don't have any real world input on them, just know that compact graders is there thing now. http://www.championmotorgraders.us/content/machines.html I think the 570 was the smallest Deere grader. I don't remember how small is small though. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...Grp=570&GUID=A86F726B7E7D409AB21EAFAC166DFAA0
Champion, looks nice, wouldn't have a clue what it's like.:thumbsup
Just one thing about champion he isn't just a rep, his family owns the business and he lives for his graders...
Thanks! Guess I am a little partial to our graders.
Thanks Hvy 1ton for posting a link to our website. I appreciate it. I researched the Deere 570 pretty hard while developing our C110C. If I have my facts right then the 570 was actually Deere's first motor grader and all of the other models evolved from there. The 570 was approximately 22,000 pounds and had a 90 hp naturally aspirated engine. The key features were its power to weight ratio along with all the blade mobility of a larger grader. It was the right machine for the job. Fortunately for smaller manufacturers like Champion....Deere discontinued the line around 1990. So now after years of research and planning Champion has released the C110C which is a direct replacement for the Deere 570. A couple of our competitors have tried but in my opinion they missed the boat completely. If you really study the specifications of a 570, you will see that the C110C is the only one that meets or exceeds all of them. Of course I am partial.....so I urge you to check it out for yourself.
You can see here my old grader its a Hbm 110 Ta3 weight 11 tons all wheel drive, and 135 hp http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=12583&start=20
Allis chalmers made a nice small grader. I have one and ironically am on this site trying to find a part
In the past,there were Galion 503,Fiat-Allis 65,Allis DD.Komatsu had a small GD200 grader & Mitsubishi had the popular MG100.
New Holland has the RG 100, Noram bought the rights and still manufactures the 65e. We have put in a lot of ranch roads with the rg100. All in all it's a pretty tough little guy.
Here is one I saw yesterday!
try psi
wow that one is funky!!! and the ripper teeth are on backwards lol
I noticed that, my guess is that because it is a skidsteer Q/A (looks like it in the pic) they didnt want it pulling on the botom pin's so they make you scarify backwards :beatsme Pj
No comment!:umno
I've looked at a couple of PSI graders. People don't seem to keep them long. I would think they would be perfect for the long driveways the rich people here like. On the other hand they are built a lot like the Lee Boy product. Minimal amounts of welding and extensive amounts hydraulic hoses. Makes for lots of leaks in a short period of time. They are interesting to look at the engineering.
Here's what I know and its not some made up marketing crap. The little 4 wheel grader in the pics was originally the Puckett and everyone I've talked too said it was a great little machine for what it was designed for. Over the years it changed hands and brand names and they lost alot of what quality was in the thing. The last brand (PSI) actually improved some of the really bad areas. Its still not a great machine but I hevent heard of moldboards breaking off anymore! Improving it must have been like shooting fish in a barrel. Mauldin Paving Products have acquired the line and have basically just changed the decals. They have a couple other larger tandem drive models one of which we destroyed in a head to head demonstration the other day. One thing I guess we all have in common are a ton of hydraulic connections and they do create a challenge. The fact that most of these hoses actually connect to moving parts adds to the challenge. Obviously I'm a fan of a Champion but even the LeeBoy is better built than the PSI/Mauldin products. The PSI/Mauldin just seems to be more complicated under all those fancy fiberglass covers. I have a dealer that wants to dump the line and go with a Champion but needs to fire sale a couple of these just like in the picture. Hate to help them make a sale but it means a great dealer startup stock order for us and in today's econonomic crisis these types of opportunities are hard to come by. I'm not usually this hard on my competition because I don't want to start a ugly war on the forum but Mauldin has been ripping off our marketing ideas as fast as we can get them to print.:cussing
lasergrader looks like someone made a working scale model psi is just strange looking....
Easy there Motor Grader, I only commented on what I saw and didn't pass judgement on the machine or the designs. It was just interesting to look at. :drinkup
The PSI/Mauldin graders seem to be popular at auctions. I have tried several times to buy one,RB sales in Olympia, Bozeman, and Iron Planet. The Bozeman machine went for 40K . I spoke with Wheeler CAT in Utah during the last ConExpo and they wanted 65K for a used one. If they are a POS (and they might be) they still bring money. No doubt the dealer support is poor. I looked at the Champion, the Mauldin as well as Leeboy at ConExpo. No doubt the Champion is built better than the others. It seemed like a small version of a fullsize grader as far as its construction. Depending on what you want out of a small blade the the PSI machine has some advantages as well.