Just wanted to share a couple of pictures of the mess I have been cleaning up the past couple of days. Didn't know where else to post it, just posted it here because the work was all done with a backhoe. One picture is the oil spill, then the other is after I got done cleaning it up.
Nice Job on the clean up.
Nasty... Where do put a load of dirt filled with crude oil? I suspect the landfill here would refuse it...
Well I suspect where we put it is not where your suppose to put it so I am not going to say what I did with it. Since we were working for someone else I just put it where they wanted it but it was disposed of where it wouldn't harm any one or drinking water or anything like that. Where we live a lot of people don't really go by the book because we are far enough away from everyone not much gets said (I'm not saying this is correct or ethical or that I condone such practice). Our company does our best to follow regs but that dosen't mean everyone else does. However I did mix clean soil with it at a ratio greater than 50/50, which is one of the treatment methods for oil contaminated dirt.
Thanks REDEATH
Many asphalt plants are beginning to accept oil contaminated soil, they use it to make binder. Another solution ist o send it to a facility that basically burns the oil out of the dirt. Major player in that side of the business is called soilsafe
That looks like west Texas / Midland area. Hell , throw it on a road and chip seal it :naughty:bouncegri Lol ! Just kidding :drinkup
Well the problem with hauling it anywhere is we are at least an hour and a half from any town, which is midland. There is nothing around here and hauling it in a dump truck would probably be more like 2 hours and there were probably 6-10 loads of dirt by the time I got it soaked up. Yea I knew about burning the oil off like soilsafe does, I don't know if anyone around here has ever used any service like that.