Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

small old dozer

stuart olson ยท 2010-04-27 02:51

belive it or not we used this as a dozer on small projects untill about ten years ago its a 1952 simplicity tractor and you would be amased at what it can actually do. too bad the thing is a bit of a pain to use. still better than a shovel

Replies7
  1. #1du5tyl2010-04-27 12:49

    I have always liked those old 'tractors'. That is real similar to the gravely walk behind tractor.

  2. #2truklodyte2010-04-27 17:37

    They also go by another name other than simplicity

  3. #3RDG2010-04-28 06:27

    Little old dozer Heres a wee dozer I used to play around on in my younger days.

  4. #4fyrwood guy2010-04-28 11:03

    nice one ! got any more pic's, info ?

  5. #5RDG2010-04-29 06:07

    The machine is a Vaughan garden tractor, used to have handels on it and you walked behind it was made in Portland Oregon probably back in early 50s. My Dad found it under a hedge in NZ back in about 1960, took the handels off, put on a seat, foot rests, moved the controls down to in front of the seat and made a hand operated blade for it. I spent many an hour on it when I was a kid, sold it for $100 when we moved to oz 15yrs ago. I think over in YTMAG there is a bit on Vaughan tractors. Cheers RDG.

  6. #6Clawed Backster2010-05-01 08:00

    Hey RDG, I used to have have one of those that was modified in the same way as that one. Neat little machine, very heavy duty. I have often wondered if there would be a market for a dozer about the size of a riding lawn mower. I have a couple of pictures of the one I had, someplace. I will post them if I can ever find them.

  7. #7alleyoop2010-12-20 02:51

    nice job looks good