I saw this recently and thinking this must be one of the smallest lattice boom crawler crane with extendable main boom sections? Anyone know what it is? i couldn't get closer to find the name. wondering if there's anything even smaller. probably a capacity of 10ton or less?
Doesn't look that small to me. It has a decent counterweight on it. Probably 25 ton or larger.
Used be a cute little Bay City dragline near me, had about 30' of boom on it, iirc, had a 2 cylinder detroit ....I know a previous owner, next time I see him I'll get more info.... Ed
it def looks tiny. I mean just look at the cab and compare that to the whole crane.
Looks like a little "Unit" crane. Not sure of the size. Jeff
a B-E 15b is only 26,000 pounds, that's tiny IMO.
I would say the one in the pic is even smaller than the BE 15b. Ailso def smaller than America 998 90ton: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203068454717 Like i said, would be hard to find an even smaller lattice boom crawler crane. Much appreciated if anyone can find me the model of this crane. Thanks
I think @Tugger2 has one of those
I thought it kinda looked like a "unit" also, but all the pictures I looked at with unit were a single window "car door" type on the cab. From the fuzzy picture it looks like its small window and big window on the door. If you really want to know what it is, go back and get a better picture of the counterweight, or ask what it it. Its going to be a guess on what it is without a better picture. Here's a picture of a "unit" from the web, and the single "car door " window.
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/hvo/d/rochester-crane-599c-american/7305516198.html
The look of the cab doesn't match America cranes which has fairly consistent box like cab I think you are right that the cab looks most like that of a Unit crane. also the fact that Unit makes a lot of these smaller ones. Not a clear picture but it sseems like that one i saw is in very good condition compared to a lot of the other Unit cranes on sale Yeah i don't know how much closer i can get to it. The whole area was fenced off ;( But it is just a very noticeable crane to see given how we have all seen the other usual crawler cranes
I was going to say its a 14B Bucyrus ,but the cabs on the wrong side.Must be a Unit. Heres a 14B for reference,they are pretty rare.