Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Demag tilt-up crane

skyking1 ยท 2021-04-08 01:26

Near my house, check out this Demag looks built for tilt-ups. I did not get close enough for a model.

Replies7
  1. #1AzIron2021-04-08 20:34

    Down here its typically done with a crawler cranes around the outside of the building I have never seen them set up on the slab that said we dont have that kind of rain

  2. #2CM19952021-04-08 20:40

    First thing I thought when I saw that pic is that's one hell of a slab to have that much weight on it. I wonder what the 7 day breaks for that slab broke at? We've only worked on one tilt up project and I've seen many here where all the cranes are set up outside, off the slab raising the panels whether the crane is a crawler or mobile.

  3. #3AzIron2021-04-08 20:46

    Down here most guys dont pour the floor till after the panels are up and the roof is on makes for a really fast schedule to dig footings then the plumbers and sparkys have at it while the panels cure on waste slabs outside the building panels go up roof goes on then the floor is poured but it varries by contractor to

  4. #4CM19952021-04-08 21:02

    AZ I've seen it done over here that way as well. Back in the early 2000's we were working on a condo project next to an architects office under construction. GC poured thin casting beds for the 2 story tilt up panels on the outside of the slab.

  5. #5Tones2021-04-08 22:22

    Originally when tilt panels invented the floor was poured first then the panels poured on that. It saved a heap on transport costs.

  6. #6skyking12021-04-08 22:38

    Just down the road they did the crawler on the outside method. That crane with the cable stays and 8 axles is good for pick and carry, I imagine there was some of that in the corners. When you pour the final slab inside then you have closure pours all the way around. I have seen electrical go into those closures, but tilting up from outside with a crawler lets you do a single inside pour.

  7. #7AzIron2021-04-08 23:14

    A single pour on an average size tilt building here would be a tall order for finishers that said I have seen 2 laser screeds on the same pour I think that is more for redundancy tho Those crawlers are a fast way to stand panels a half million square foot building can be stood up in less than a week with a good crew